Screen paused and can't change

Why does this always happen to me?  New Sansa Fuze purchased today 4 gb.  Have several problems.  First, all screen instructions are in Spanish.  Next, screen will not come off of being at pause.  Pushing buttons and trying to scroll do nothing.  Plugging charge cord does nothing.  Screen never goes blank or turns off.:cry:

Sounds like someone had it before you did.  And totally messed it up.  Easiest thing to do is to return it to the store and exchange it for another.

Otherwise you can turn it off and then turn it on and it will serve the purpose. I too had this problem on the next day of purchase, but since then it has worked fine and no such problem observed after the firmware update.

Try performing a reset bu sliding the ON switch up & holding it in this position for at least 20 seconds. Now release it and attempt to start it up normally.

If sucessful, you should be able to navigate to the SETTINGS & change the language, or if your Spanish is a little rusty, manually installing a firmware update, upon completion will ask you to first select a Region, then the language.

Look for the Equalizer icon in the main menu.

Parametros > Configuracion del sistema > Idioma > English.

Viva la Sansa.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for the help!!  Old guys like me can still be taught some tricks.  I’m working out the kinks.  Mike