Screen is upside down

My sansa clip has been working just fine and then all of a sudden the screen turned upside down. It still plays but I can’t get it to go back to normal. Does anyone know what to do??

Try resetting by holding the on switch in the up position for 15-60 seconds.  If a reset doesn’t work, you may need to speak with SanDisk about a warranty replacement.

@zgzthefish wrote:
My sansa clip has been working just fine and then all of a sudden the screen turned upside down. It still plays but I can’t get it to go back to normal. Does anyone know what to do??

Exchange it or don’t stand on your head :dizzy_face:

@zgzthefish wrote:

Exchange it or don’t stand on your head :dizzy_face:.

@zgzthefish wrote:

Exchange it or stand on your head :dizzy_face:.

@zgzthefish wrote:

Try resetting it.  If that doesn’t work, you can exchange it or stand on your head :dizzy_face:.

How cool is that!  Sounds like a hardware issue; first try holding the power switch in the on position for 15 seconds to perform a software reset.  The very next thing I would do is to reload the firmware on it.

The coolest thing about reloading the firmware file is that the music will still be there for you, after it reboots.

The format function wipes out all of your music files, but leaves the system area of memory (where the problem may reside) untouched.

Try the firmware route and let us know how it goes.

Bob  :smiley:

While holding down the Ctrl and Alt key on your keyboard, press the down arrow key.

:wink:

That is kinda neat … I’ve never heard of that happening to MP3 players, though I have heard of it happening to the displays on old arcade video games.

It’s inverted so you can read it when looking down at it on your waistband. Consider yourself very lucky. Those models are hard to come by!

try going to settings and selecting reset all.

Now there’s a cool hidden feature…maybe SanDisk will expose a preference setting for it in a future firmware - so we can read it when it’s clipped onto a belt etc. It is a minor nuisance and certainly something that could be improved upon.

Keep us posted, if it’s something that a reset or firmware reload “corrects”, it implies that it’s a software function… 

I’d sell in on ebay as a rare first edition prototype

Last I checked the inverted Jenny stamp with that upside airplane fetched much more than its original cents 

Is the yellow line top up or bottom down? If it’s in the bottom part of the display it’s obviusly an hardware problem…

The yellow section is physically different material (different color OLED).  If the entire display is indeed upside down, that would be an interesting pinout issue with the device, as the matrix requires a common connection set.  I would assume that the character display on the bottom, or the main display, could be inverted.

It would be possible, however, for the entire display of characters to be inverted, with the “bottom row” now being yellow.  The first thing I would try is to reinstall the firmware, which should make the correction.

The processor of the Clip is happily driving the color LCD display in the larger e200, and the new Fuze, so quite a few options are indeed possible.

You could even have cool “ghost in the machine” characters, or the countdown display from “Predator”…

I hope the firmware option is tried first!

Bob  :wink: