Screen Flips Upside Down, and more.

I’ve had my sansa clip for several months now, and I’ve recently began to have problems with it.

1. Like the title reads, the screen flips itself upside down.

-http://i25.tinypic.com/28i2o2p.jpg

-http://i25.tinypic.com/wisww8.jpg

1. Sometimes, when I hold the power button down, it won’t turn on.

2. Also seldomly, the Sansa Clip may turn itself off, or stay on with a blank screen. (I know it is still on because the blue ring is still lit.)

I’m assuming my problems have occured due to dropping it and from crashing on it (lol), because I am a martial arts tricker, and I prefer to listen to music as I practice.

But, I’m wondering if there is another way to fix it? Or will I have to purchase a brand new MP3 Player?

Message Edited by Jing on 05-27-2008 02:00 PM

Message Edited by Jing on 05-27-2008 02:01 PM

Message Edited by Jing on 05-27-2008 02:02 PM

Try to format the player, then reload the firmware here: http://www.sandisk.com/driverdownload/download.asp

If this doesn’t solve the problem, then it’s likely hardware issue and you’ll have to replace it.  Good luck! :slight_smile:

so your clip was originally shown right side up correct?

the upside down just doesn’t make sense since either 1) ur actualy lcd screen had to have been flipped (which can’t really be done) or 2) your firmware was completely changed to the point where the screen shows upside down.

I have no idea how to go about fixing your clip, but its a little hard to believe that it would be flipped upside down like that . . return or better yet, call sandisk and tell them to replace. that’s just a freak of nature issue by far. 

I see some gibberish characters in the first photo as well.

Thanks for the photo links!  That’s an interesting one.

I’d reinstall the curent firmware, and see if all is well afterwards.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: 

Interesting there.  If this issue is not accident related, your player is covered by warranty for replacement, which you could telephone or email SanDisk about.

There was a post on this some time ago, so I believe it.

On many graphics displays, it’s just a bit setting to get it to display inverted. Notice that the top line is always YELLOW, just like when the display is showing normal orientation. Prolly the OLED has a yellow area (the first few lines) and the rest is blue - not truly 2 color throughout, it’s monochrome, but using two different colors.

It would be cool if Sansa made this a menu option so when the Clip is on one’s belt, you could just tilt it up toward your eyes and see the displayed characters right-side-up. Obviously it’s do-able since something is getting whacked and causing it to happen spontaneously. And I wouldn’t care if the top (bottom?) line is yellow when it’s in the “rotated” mode.

Vewwy Intewesting…thanks for sharing!

@click wrote:

It would be cool if Sansa made this a menu option so when the Clip is on one’s belt, you could just tilt it up toward your eyes and see the displayed characters right-side-up.

This begs the quuestion (assuming Sandisk made this an option), would the controls also be inverted when the display was inverted?  Otherwise you’d have to remember that they were still inverted even though the display looks right.

Wang Lee Hom hahaha

i think we should talk music sometime

whoaitshenry@gmail.com

but i think that’s pretty cool, the upside-down screen thing. cuz i usually clip my clip upside-down 

Message Edited by whoaitshenry on 05-29-2008 11:31 PM

"Wang Lee Hom hahaha

i think we should talk music sometime

whoaitshenry@gmail.com

but i think that’s pretty cool, the upside-down screen thing. cuz i usually clip my clip upside-down"

hahaha

thats pretty clever i never thought about it that way

mine’s jjing006@gmail.com

my friend from taiwain actually recommended me that song

thanks for all the help guys, i’ve tried my best nd it’s still extra funky, now it just refuses to turn on haha, i haven’t gotten around to callin sandisk to try nd get it replaced, but ill be sure to try it soon ha.

Message Edited by Jing on 05-31-2008 07:58 PM

Message Edited by Jing on 05-31-2008 07:59 PM