Saving Error

Hi everyone, 

I have a 32GB San Disk USB. I was working on a MSFT word file off of my USB drive for a prolonged period of time. I had been saving the entire time every 5 minutes or so. Unknown to me, I had logged out of the secure access portal but was still working on my file. I saved and exited the file. Then upon logging back into the secure access portal, I come to find that the file wasn’t saved at all and was the same as I left it before I started (ie I lost hours of work). Anyone have any ideas on how to recover the file?

I did a few other tests and it seems that if you’re working off a file from the USB and then you are logged out of the device, you can still access it through Word but upon saving and exiting word, the file doesn’t write back to the USB. Any guidance is much appreciated.

John

After doing a little digging in the forums, I think what happened is that I was trying to write a word file to the secure vault and it seems like that’s not possible. I guess my question is what happens when you try to save a file from word to the secure vault? Word says the file is saving but if you go to the vault it’s not saved…is there any way to recover that file?

Thanks.

@putput28 wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I have a 32GB San Disk USB. I was working on a MSFT word file off of my USB drive for a prolonged period of time. I had been saving the entire time every 5 minutes or so. Unknown to me, I had logged out of the secure access portal but was still working on my file. I saved and exited the file. Then upon logging back into the secure access portal, I come to find that the file wasn’t saved at all and was the same as I left it before I started (ie I lost hours of work). Anyone have any ideas on how to recover the file?

I did a few other tests and it seems that if you’re working off a file from the USB and then you are logged out of the device, you can still access it through Word but upon saving and exiting word, the file doesn’t write back to the USB. Any guidance is much appreciated.

John

1 Like

what happens when you try to save a file from word to the secure vault? Word says the file is saving but if you go to the vault it’s not saved…is there any way to recover that file?

Good question.  If you open Word and use the File menu to open recent files what does it retrieve?

I wasn’t aware that Word could read files in the Vault.