sansa view mac osx ubuntu working conversion solution

For sansa view 16gb

I am using handbrake 0.9.3 for mac osx 10.5.6

The settings I am using to convert my videos to the player are:

FORMAT: MP4 NO CHECK BOX CHECKED

VIDEO CODEC: H.264(X264)

FRAMERATE: 29.97 (NTSC)

AVERAGE BITRATE: 512

OUTPUT: 320X240 (TO TAKE UP ALL SCREEN) OR (GO INTO PICTURE SETTINGS AND SELECT A SIMILAR SIZE AND CLICK KEEP ASPECT RATIO, WIDESCREEN WILL HAVE BLACK BARS ON TOP AND BOTTOM)

for a 43 minute video it takes me approximately 30 minutes for 1 pass.  Works well, videos look good. Sorry for the caps, wasn’t screaming, just wanted to emphasize the settings for those who don’t want to read. 

Message Edited by splitlenz on 12-24-2008 08:31 AM

You need to specify which player you use, or certain people will be FREAKING OUT…  :wink:

edited my post, sorry about that. I think i was too excited to finally find something that works. I wanted to share it with others. lol.

I too have am running OS 10.5 and Handbrake 0.9.3. I have a Sansa View 8gb. Followed your instructions to a T, but no luck. What type of file were you converting from? I was trying to convert an avi file. I have successfully used handbrake to convert other avi and mpg files, but some won’t work. I get the error message “Unsupported Media Format.” Any suggestions?

Can you give us more info on the type of file you were converting and the settings/presets you used?

A set of screenshots for each tab would be lovely!