Sansa Updater Creates Start Menu Folder EVERYTIME?!?

why does the Sansa Updater create a new folder in the Start Menu EVERYTIME I plug in my Clip?

i already have a Sansa Updater folder somewhere else in my Start Menu, so i don’t need another one.

please fix so i don’t have to manually delete that unwanted folder EVERYTIME. 

Thank You 

Is this happening with the ‘new’ Updater or the older version?

I’d suggest avoiding the entire issue by un-installing the Updater completely and just manually updating your firmware the ‘every once in a while’ that one is released (once or maybe twice a year). If you check in to the forum here every couple of months you’ll find out about it, and whether the new release has any bugs in it, so you can decide whether or not you want to update.

The Updater is like ‘nag-ware’ every time you plug your player into your computer, seaching for any available updates. 99 1/2 % of the time there aren’t, but it still takes up computer resources and bugs you about it. You’ll find most (if not all) of the most experienced users here on the forum don’t bother with the Updater and manually install updates themselves. It’s just as fast, plus you know how to un-do it if it becomes necessary. :wink:

Is this happening with the ‘new’ Updater or the older version?

I’d suggest avoiding the entire issue by un-installing the Updater completely and just manually updating your firmware the ‘every once in a while’ that one is released (once or maybe twice a year). If you check in to the forum here every couple of months you’ll find out about it, and whether the new release has any bugs in it, so you can decide whether or not you want to update.

The Updater is like ‘nag-ware’ every time you plug your player into your computer, seaching for any available updates. 99 1/2% of the time there aren’t, but it still takes up computer resources and bugs you about it. It can get annoying if you plug in your device to charge, add or remove songs, add or edit playlists with any regularity.

You’ll find most (if not all) of the most experienced users here on the forum don’t bother with the Updater and manually install updates themselves. It’s just as fast, plus you know how to un-do it if it becomes necessary. :wink: