Sansa Suggestions For Sandisk To Consider....

Sansa Connect:

1. Support Rhapsody DNA DRM via a firmware update. (RAX AAC Decoding)
  2. Add the ability to search all of Yahoo Music Unlimited and download AND purchase music directly to the device.
  3. Everything in the upcoming firmware. (MP4 video playback, AAC decoding and MicroSDHC read/write support.)
  4. Audible Audio Support.
  5. Better power management settings.
  6. Don’t ever come out with a Rhapsody branded Sansa Connect. Release a firmware option for the current one and let people decide on their own, as to which service they would like to use.
  7. If Yahoo Music Unlimited ever folds, might I suggest Real Rhapsody for the Sansa Connect?

Sansa Express:

1. Add Rhapsody DNA DRM via a firmware update. (RAX AAC Decoding)
  2. Add MicroSDHC support.
  3. Add AAC decoding.

Every other Sandisk DAP…

1. Add Rhapsody DNA DRM via a firmware update. (RAX AAC Decoding)
  2. Add MicroSDHC support.
  3. Add AAC decoding.
  • I suggest Rhapsody DNA DRM because (unfortunately) we really don’t know how long Microsoft intends to maintain Windows Media DRM, as they seem to be focusing primarly on their Zune initiative and all…
  • AAC decoding… Well since iTunes Plus now sales songs in unencrypted AAC people may want to use them with another player. Rhapsody also utilizes AAC in a RA/RAX container.
  • MicroSDHC up to 32GB is self-explanatory. Music/Pictures/Videos requires space… alot of it!!!

If these things are possible via firmware updates, I do highly recommend they happen.