Sansa Ranks

What are the sansa Ranks: Newbie, User, Guru?

and what do you have to do to get a higher rank

Really not the right place to have this discussion. Try the OFF Topic Board.

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:17 PM

TomJensen wrote:
Post count.

Thanks Tom. One of the few pleasures that Gurus get is to mess with people when they wanna know how to be one. For a long time it was a big secret. 

But on a more serious note what does this have to do with the Sansa Fuze? Thus the need for this to be in the off topic board. 

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:16 PM

TomJensen wrote:

Well, a two word answer is faster than a long sentence telling the guy to repost it somewhere else. Efficiency counts!

I’m actually wanting to stay below the 200 mark. May have to go through my post history and delete off old stuff. Last thing I want is to be tagged as “Sansa Fanatic”. Yeah. Uh huh.

Actually if there’s an title edit thing I like to be known as STUPER NOOB!! Say it like when Daffy goes… I AMMMM STUPER DUCK!! Hahahah I love that guy…

I dont think you can delete your history and even if you could it dont think that would effect your count. The reality of the ranks is that they illustrate how much time you have spent on this site and how involved you are in the “Conversation”. This generally reflects your “Helpfulness” and “Knowlege”. I think it was designed to help new folks diferentiate between users and then sort through posts perhaps giving more creedence to the posts by more senior users. But thats just my thinking, and if its right then its a flawed system because often its the new folks who make some of the most progress around here.

@conversionbox wrote:

… The reality of the ranks is that they illustrate how much time you have spent on this site and how involved you are in the “Conversation”. This generally reflects your “Helpfulness” and “Knowlege”. I think it was designed to help new folks diferentiate between users and then sort through posts perhaps giving more creedence to the posts by more senior users. But thats just my thinking, and if its right then its a flawed system because often its the new folks who make some of the most progress around here.

Dunno, I’ve been visiting many boards for many years and IMO post count is no indicator of anything but posting a lot. Ditto for stars, twirly avatars, ranks, reputation points etc. etc. I find you just need to get to know people. OK sorry for perpetuating this off-topic nonsense :smiley:

Bexicon, it’s just post count. Nothing any more sophisticated.