Sansa not working at all!

Hello.  I just bought a Sansa Clip for my son.  I plugged it in and followed the directions given in the manual to drag n’ drop songs.  I have tried everything and even though my computer screen says sychronizing, when I disconnect and try to listen to the songs…there is nothing on the sansa clip!!!  I am using Windows Media on a Windows Vista laptop.  I also tried downloading from my other computer (Windows XP)  - same thing either way.  I have tried using Rhapsody…nothing.  It says it is transferring but nothing is on the actual sansa clip when I go to listen to it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Am I just dense?

Thanks for your time

There are three modes you can use to test the Sansa Clip:  the FM radio, a music file playback, or record a voice recording.

To see if the audio section is working, try selecting the FM Radio and see if you hear any audio from the headset.  Be sure that the FM is “playing” by pressing the >|| upper wheel button.  In the center of the display, you’ll see the wee triangle if the FM is live.

Bring up the volume a few notches via the rocker on the right side of the Clip.  To select an FM station, use the << and >> buttons.

Next, try pressing the Home button in the upper right, and select Music.  The Clip is pre-loaded with about 16 songs or so.  Select Play All, the first available choice, and a song should load.  Watch the left side of the bottom of the screen while in this mode: the play triangle should show, and the progress time display will show on the lower right.

To transfer music from your PC, the most basic operation to use Windows Media Player and any favorite CD.  The WiMP application needs to have a live Internet connection to add the required metadata, or the ID3 version 2.3 tags to each music file.  It’s these tags that the Clip finds and sorts the music with.

Here’s a handy link to the Sansa Clip User Guide.  Save this guide to your desktop as a handy reference.  Starting on page 11, I like the photo guided section on loading music to your new machine.

If you run into any further difficulties, feel free to ask here!

Be forewarned, these wee beasties are addictive.  I first purchased some for my daughters, and now I have a whole collection of Sansas!  I don’t go anywhere without one.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

HI   I USED WINDOW’S MEDIA PLAYER    YOU JUST HIT SINK AND IT GOE;S RIGHT IN AND IAM NO COMPUTER WIZE THIS TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO   LEARN AND I USED BALLYHOO MUSIC.COM

I MENT SYNC LOL