Sansa mp3 player not working

I have a sansa 2.0 GB MP3 player from 2006 and after it got wet in a rain it has stopped working. now when I plug it in to the computer only the scrolling round green thing lights up and nothing. Can I take it to someone to fix it. I have valuable music files on this.

I would take it apart, and then let it dry for a long time before reassembling it. If the water is removed before it rusts, it will likely still work. Once it corrodes, it probably cannot be fixed.

Hi Raac, based on experience, I haven’t seen anything that worked after it got wet. Would be better to consider buying a new one. 

@peleus wrote:

Hi Raac, based on experience, I haven’t seen anything that worked after it got wet. Would be better to consider buying a new one. 

There are many who have resurrected their players after getting wet by careful and patient drying before attempting to turn it on. A good method is to seal it up in a container of dry, uncooked rice and leave it for a week or so.

Hello , I have a SanDisk too but i want to know why its not working? well when i turn it on it turn on but Then something pops out its say FAT is corrupeted  please connet device to pc an recover FAT it wORKS iN THE COMPTER AND ALL , but in the mp3 player it doesnt help me please … :neutral_face:

Read and follow the steps in Solution #2 on this page:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/848/kw/corrupted%20FAT/related/1

just let it dry out for a few weeks. then, if it turns on, it should be really low on power. charge it for two to three hours or until the battery’s full. be aware that the battery may not charge all the way anymore. this only worked twice for me after i accidentally put my mp3 in the washer, but even if it won’t turn on the files are all still there and it could still function as a flash drive…

@ midgetshinigami -

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your contribution and suggestion. However, in the future please take note of the date of a post before replying to it. Your response in this case was to a year-old conversation. :wink: