Sansa Media Converter Build 4.256 - CONVERT button grayed out

Hi,

Regarding, what I believe to be, the current version of Sandisk Sansa Media Converter. . .

I downloaded SMC_4_256.exe and the install did not generate any error messages.

The software opened as expected, however, after adding an .mpg file, the CONVERT button remained grayed out.

I tried several other video files and the CONVERT button remains grayed out.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the software, the CONVERT button remains grayed out. 

Accordingly, I uninstalled this defective software - thoroughly scrubbed my Registry and HDD directories from all traces associated with Sandisk Sansa Media Converter.

I am running Windows XP SP2 with all currently available MS updates thru 18 FEB 09.

What is wrong with this version of the Sandisk Sansa Media Converter???

Thanks,

CS

Message Edited by CurlySue on 02-18-2009 01:49 PM

Is your player plugged into the computer?

And in MSC mode?

Thank you for your super fast reply, Tapeworm. I apologize for the delay associated with my response.  
Today, I do have my new E260 in MSC mode and plugged in, and the CONVERT button is no longer grayed-out. However, the video conversions failed because my E260 did not come with a support video file.  

In summary, an error window states the “Failed Reason(s): The current Sansa player does not support video file. You need to download QT from the following web page. www.intervideo.com/jsp/oem/RSDownload.jsp?p=Sansa

If I choose to keep this E260, I understand that I have to download and install QT from the following web page www.intervideo.com/jsp/oem/RSDownload.jsp?p=Sansa

Thanks again, Tapeworm. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

CurlySue

Message Edited by CurlySue on 03-01-2009 11:58 PM