Sansa m240 gives "communication error, reconnect" on my attempt to update the firmware

Hi,

I would like to update the firmware for my sansa m240.

I’ve downloaded the program sdmx3-iv001.exe from the site (from the m200 series page).

I’ve tried on both Vista and Windows XP

It keeps giving me the error “communication error, reconnect”

I know the lock should be on and the device in MSC mode. It is, and I’ve tried connecting both turned on and turned off.

I’ve also reformatted the whole thing.

As I understand the new firmware will give me Hebrew support. If this isn’t the case, please tell me as well, than I’m not that interested.

Klaas

what firmware version is currently on the player?

I have no idea, how can I find this out?

settings then info in the menu

ah thanks…

Sansa m240
Version
-V4.1.08A
www.sandisk.com

and then it got afwfully quiet…

how does this work? Is this ‘just’ the community site? Is the an official place I should go to with complaints?

This is just a community. If you wanted to voice your opinion to sandisk, your ebst bet would probably be the 866.sandisk number.

There is no update for the version 4 firmwares on the website, there was a while back to address some issues, but I cant seem to find it anymore. Any reason your trying to update in particular?

Why? “As I understand the new firmware will give me Hebrew support”

There is no hebrew firmware for the m200’s, not sure where you got that impression. Link any source you may have found.

The firmware you are trying to update is not for the devices having the firmware version 4.x.x

If you have 3.x.x the update is different and If you have 2.x.x firmware, the update is different.

Check your firmware version and let me know,  I will tell you what is wrong

Thisisravi_welcome@yahoo.com

Tip: Check the date on the post you are replying to (1 year ago), and I shouldn’t have to tell you what’s wrong. :wink:

@gsankar wrote:

Check your firmware version and let me know,  I will tell you what is wrong

Tip: Check the date on the post you are replying to (1 year ago) and let me know, and I shouldn’t have to tell you what’s wrong. :wink: