Sansa Fuzev2 completely trashed and unsure if I can receive a replacement

I bought a refurbished Fuzev2 online and all was well after installing Rockbox but after using the flashlight plugin for about 20 seconds I felt a burning sensation on my hand; it was the player suddenly heating up.

After letting it cool down I booted it back up to be greeted by a dim screen, I thought nothing of this and tried scrolling down but the screen completely blacked out whenever the scrollwheel light was on, so after blindly disabling the feature I was finally able to use it but it still heated up to levels I found quite frightening and now I’m afraid to even turn it on.

I think it’s extremely Sandisk would ever send me a replacement considering I bought it refurbished (and without a warranty) and then proceeded to install Rockbox on it (resulting with a voided warranty even if it DID have one). I’m at a loss here, I spent £40 on this player and I’m stuck with my Clip+ for now.

Refurbs are a gamble. You may have lost. SanDisk isn’t going to replace a refurb, with or without Rockbox.

You can try downloading the orignal firmware and installing it, to wipe out Rockbox. That would tell you if Rockbox was creating the problem.

@pacific wrote:

I bought a refurbished Fuzev2 online and all was well after installing Rockbox but after using the flashlight plugin for about 20 seconds I felt a burning sensation on my hand; it was the player suddenly heating up.

Sounds like the problem this fixed:  http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&sortby=date&revision=30227

Thanks for being attentive, Saratoga.

I actually saw that in the release notes last night, I tried it before making a thread it… It didn’t help.

Doesn’t the seller have a warranty?  It’s a hardware problem, so maybe you should inquire about it.