Sansa Fuze with GraceNote and Nero challenges

I cannot convert and listen to my CD-ripped audio files on my SanDisk Sansa Fuze that were saved in Nero Burning Rom as Nero Digital Audio .mp4 format at Nero Digital 256kbps quality.

Also on my Sansa, the Album and Artist information does not show up on the ones saved as MP3, just the names of the song are seen…even though GraceNote popped up on the screen during ripping.  How can I fix that?

Also can I reconvert previously ripped albums into mp3 320 kbps?

Well To change the information on each track I would suggest MP3Tag. Google search that. As for converting the files easist thing to do would be to re-rip them using something like Windows Media Player, Media Monky, Rhapsody, I dont use nero for anything… So I dont know if it will rip MP3.

@qbit777 wrote:

I cannot convert and listen to my CD-ripped audio files on my SanDisk Sansa Fuze that were saved in Nero Burning Rom as Nero Digital Audio .mp4 format at Nero Digital 256kbps quality.

Also on my Sansa, the Album and Artist information does not show up on the ones saved as MP3, just the names of the song are seen…even though GraceNote popped up on the screen during ripping.  How can I fix that?

Also can I reconvert previously ripped albums into mp3 320 kbps?

Ok, you ripped them the first time the wrong way…that Nero mp4 won’t play on a Sansa. You need to re-do it. Starting over…insert the CD , then tell Windows"take no action"

Now…bring up Nero Start Smart… but instead of clicking on “convert audio CD’s to Nero digital audio” you need to use "convert audio CD’s to audio files"The thing that pops up will look the same, but will let you choose a different audio file creation.There you have options…Nero AAC, which you did before, WMA, MP3, MP3 PRO, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis. Then you run into setting up how it tags and where to put them…which is why I generally don’t use it:wink: The whole ripping process is much simpler with WMP11 or MediaMonkey or WinAmp, and the more choosy and/or knowledgeable(and less lazy than I :stuck_out_tongue: ) people use programs like CDex or Exact Audio Copy(or Nero)

And your other previously ripped albums…you’re much better off re-ripping them than converting them unless you have no other choice. Converting them will lose a little sound quality, so there’s no point converting them to 320kbps…if you must convert don’t bother going any higher than 192, you’d just be wasting space. Hope this helps:smiley:

Thanx for the info.

However, how come on some CD rips the Album and Artist information does not show up on the ones saved as MP3, just the names of the song are seen?

On my Sansa, the artist is labelled “Unknown” and there is no album cover, unlike the pre-installed music.

@qbit777 wrote:

However, how come on some CD rips the Album and Artist information does not show up on the ones saved as MP3, just the names of the song are seen?

On my Sansa, the artist is labelled “Unknown” and there is no album cover, unlike the pre-installed music.

MP3 / Ogg / ripped files have tags, they can have various tags, they include, Artist, Album, track#, CD#, year etc etc, these tags are read by the Fuze, the Fuze will display that tag info.

If the tag is not there the Fuze cannot read it, if the Fuze cannot read it it will display “Unknown”, your Fuze is displaying “Unknown” that means that the file is NOT tagged. The solution has already been provided to solve that problem.

I suggest you read the answers already provided, use a little download bandwidth and get the program suggested to fix the files you are having an issue with.