Sansa Fuze+ Video BASIC Question

Hi everybody,

We bought my soon to be 7 year old son Mikey a Fuze+ for Christmas.

So far, I’ve put songs on it and showed him the radio.

Now, he wants videos. 

Where can I go to find videos that he can watch on the Fuze+?  Can he watch movies?  TV shows?  Youtube?  If all of that is protected, what other video is there?  Home-made from a video camera?

As you can probably tell, I’m new to this and don’t know my way around this technology yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve read some of the posts about media converters.  Don’t really understand most of it.  I did download and install the Sansa Media Converter.

Tried iTunes tv shows but they didn’t work. 

Thanks,

Mike B. in NJ

First off, I should say that Sansa Media Converter is a peice of garbage. I used to try to use it for a while, and it always had one problem or another. It is a poorly written program with many glitches, so I wouldn’t use it. The great thing about the Fuze+ is, unlike some previous SanDisk players, it can play videos created/converted with any number of programs.

I think most people would recommend HandBrake. It has highly customizable options for experts, and preset settings for beginners (such as yourself). A preset for an older iPod should do the trick. As for videos from websites like YouTube, you will need to download them to your computer first. I recommend you use FireFox with the Video DownloadHelper addon to do this, although there are certainly other methods available.