Sansa Fuze v2 battery power problem

With the stock settings, the battery percentage seems very inaccurate. After around 10 minutes of use, the battery drops down to 90% from 100%
The drop then slows down but after like 5 hours or so, it will drop down to about 15% then it will stay there for like 2 hours then it will drop to 10% and stay there for another few hours then the player turns off from low battery. All in all, I get around 10 hours, I am using 128k mp3 audio files, and I check on the battery life every few minutes.

I then did a test in which I started playing music and I just leave the player playing non stop with out touching, it, I connect the player to the line in jack of my computer and set my audio editor to record, I then check how long the recording is for the audio it picked up. I keep the volume at 50% with the audio setting on high

I get about 13 hours of battery life. I have done many full charge and discharge cycles and it has not improved the battery life.

Most of the time that the player remains on is spent with the battery between 15-10% it stays in this battery life range the longest before turning off.

Is there anything that can be done to recalibrate the battery? (I know that in some PDA’s you can recalibrate the battery so that the system redetects the capacity and adjusts the battery gauge and critical shutoff time accordingly)

I am using the V02.03.33A firmware (update made no difference with the battery)

Sorry, never once have I seen a Sansa Fuze “recalibrate battery” option. How old is your Fuze? It is to be expected that the battery life will decay with age.

Also, I have never seen a device that can tell *exactly* how much juice is left for the taking. Somehow I doubt that even Albert Einstein would be able to create a way to accurately tell exactly how much battery is left. It’s just like with the old gameboys with disposable batteries (the light rapidly flashing from red, as in dead, to yellow, as in good), and cell phones, and PDAs, and cameras w/ rechargeable, and those Duracell batteries with the marks you push in the side and back to test the charge, and (the list goes on and on…)

What file format are your music files in? Also, what is the bitrate? MP3 at a 128 or lower bitrate will use the least amount of battery. Lossless formats like FLAC, WAV, and WMA Lossless (NOT regular WMA files) use the most battery power. Ogg Vorbis has a higher sound quality at any given bitrate than any other format at the same bitrate (generally speaking) and a smaller file size at the same bitrate (again, generally speaking) than most other formats, so it needs more juice to decode than MP3. WMA also needs more decoding power than MP3 for some strange reason (I could never quite understand proprietary formats by certain companies).

Pikidalto wrote:
Lossless formats like FLAC, WAV, and WMA Lossless (NOT regular WMA files) use the most battery power.

Not that this has anything to do with the OP’s question, but just to clarify . . . WMA Lossless is not a supported format.

So in that respect, it doesn’t use any battery power, does it? :stuck_out_tongue:

run fuze till it shuts itself off, then charge, if u can rockbox charge in that