Sansa Fuze User Manual and General Information

The audiobook notation will have to be edited into the ID3 tag, or the file will have to be dragged into the proper folder, if I understand it correctly.  Otherwise, all the eggs will be in one music basket.  Editing the tag is easily done in MediaMonkey, WiMP, Rhapsody, or many others.

Bob :smiley:

Anyone know if there’s a limit to the capacity of the microSDHC card used in the Fuze?  thanks.

We are using 8 GB cards with no issues.    I believe we can handle even 16 GB which is not released yet.

@promisedplanet wrote:

Anyone know if there’s a limit to the capacity of the microSDHC card used in the Fuze? thanks.

SDHC allows for up to 32GB. Curruntly only 8GB is made

also the e200 DOES NOT have bookmarking. only resume which only works for one file 

Message Edited by Hillshum on 03-20-2008 12:31 PM

@hillshum wrote:
SDHC allows for up to 32GB. Curruntly only 8GB is made

Right, I was just wondering if the Fuze might have some capacity limit due to firmware.

Does anyone know if the database will refresh on every power on if there is a microSD card in the player?  If so, how long would the process take with an 8 Gig card? 

If it’s similar to the Sansa Connect, and I remember correctly, the microSD card is only read upon power up (not waking up from sleep), unless a change has been made to its contents.  The amount of time to do the refresh depends on the number of files on the card.  I had a 8GB card loaded with ~256kbps MP3s, and it took several minutes to refresh. 

The Fuze may be different, though.

I ask because I currently have an e280R.  I like the newer scroll wheels on the View and Fuze, but after reading about the View’s firmware, I don’t want it anymore.  I was hoping the Fuze would come out in 16GB initially.  Since it isn’t, I was debating just picking up an 8GB and putting in an 8GB card.  My only issue with that is on my e280R, everytime I turn it on, it has to update the DB if a card is inside.  It doesn’t have a ‘sleep’ ability either.  

The Fuze will refresh one time on card insertion.  If its not removed it will not refresh every power cycle.

@jon595 wrote:

I ask because I currently have an e280R.  I like the newer scroll wheels on the View and Fuze, but after reading about the View’s firmware, I don’t want it anymore.  I was hoping the Fuze would come out in 16GB initially.  Since it isn’t, I was debating just picking up an 8GB and putting in an 8GB card.  My only issue with that is on my e280R, everytime I turn it on, it has to update the DB if a card is inside.  It doesn’t have a ‘sleep’ ability either.  

Yeah, I’m actually starting to lose interest in using MicroSD cards for storing music, because of the amount of time required to read them.  Unfortunately my music library is now at 12GB, so if I want my entire library on my player, I’m “stuck” with my iPod Video … which is actually a really nice DAP but a bit on the large side for outdoor activities etc., plus it has that disk inside.

I’ve considered getting the View, but am put off by reports of firmware problems etc.  What I’d really like is the reliability and sound quality of the Clip (or Fuze?) in a 16 or 32 GB size :wink: but so sez a lot of people.

Well… if what sansafix said is true (and I sure hope it is)…

“The Fuze will refresh one time on card insertion.  If its not removed it will not refresh every power cycle.”

I’ll be in line to buy a Fuze when they come out.  Then I can get a 8GB card and be good to go… that is until the 16GB microSDHC card comes out… 

Buying in the UK?

Will distributors in the UK get to sell the fuze from april as well? Only seen US distributors/resellers doing pre-orders?

Will sansa’s own shop - $$$ sell & deliver to the UK?

Thanks

S

Sansa Store items only ship to Australia, Canada and New Zealand outside of US.  The Fuze should hit shelves at the major electronic retailers in EMEA mid to late April.

Go Sansa!

Any idea when the Users Guide will be posted online?

Manual:

select Support, then Software & User manuals

Select the Fuze, and the manual is on the right if i recall correctly 

Thank you!

We have been eagerly waiting for it. 

Updated.

hey, i have the view, and have been having alot of issues with it, im thinging about trading it in for a fuse, does the fuze have the same issues that i know others have also been having with the view, and also, what are the differences between the two? i noticed that it is also $20 cheaper

@sansafix wrote:
The Fuze will refresh one time on card insertion.  If its not removed it will not refresh every power cycle.

Can anyone confirm this?  I have a e250 with a 2GB card and it refreshes everytime I power cycle.  The time it takes to refresh the 2GB card is acceptable but not great, I can imagine that the time it would take to refresh a 8GB card would be inconvenient if it was done with every power cycle.  I am looking forward to getting an 8GB Fuze and if there is no repeated refresh that would be the icing on the cake.

@jjw wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

Can anyone confirm this?  I have a e250 with a 2GB card and it refreshes everytime I power cycle.  The time it takes to refresh the 2GB card is acceptable but not great, I can imagine that the time it would take to refresh a 8GB card would be inconvenient if it was done with every power cycle.  I am looking forward to getting an 8GB Fuze and if there is no repeated refresh that would be the icing on the cake.

Yes, it’s true, no refresh unless the content is changed. Also refresh on the Fuze is much faster than on the e200 (I have both).