SANSA FUZE--STRANGE BLACK CIRCLE WHEN TURNED ON

I received my Sansa Fuze (2GB) today from Blue Proton.  I connected it to my computer via the USB cable provided and turned it on.  The screen displayed a black circle in the lower right corner with some thin vertical lines. There is no response on the click wheel.  My computer did recognize the device and began syncing process.  no response from the player other than the black circle on the screen…

Do you get this strange screen whether it is connected to the conmputer as well as under it’s own power?

You can try resetting it by sliding the spring-loaded power switch up and holding it for apprx. 20 seconds or so. Then release and slide it up momentarily once to turn it on. If it starts up normally and you see the main menu with the icons for MUSIC, PHOTOS, VIDEOS, SETTINGS, etc. then it should be OK.

If it still has the strange little black circle, then I’d return it and get another one.

This black circle is absolutly normal. When your player is plugged on you computer, you should see that circle with just over it the word “connected”. The problem is if your also see it when it’s not plugged in.

I think he’s referring to a different circle . . .

@zappster wrote:
. . . The screen displayed a black circle in the lower right corner with some thin vertical lines. There is no response on the click wheel.  My computer did recognize the device and began syncing process.  no response from the player other than the black circle on the screen…

You’re talking about the large animated ‘Connected’ whirly-gig in the middle of the screen.

The LCD is cracked and has leaked to the upper surface. I’ve seen a bunch of these.