Sansa Fuze - Preloaded Media

Hi. I have just bought an 8 gig Fuze and would like to know how to locate and remove the pre-installed media files. They do not show up on my PC when I explore the device.

Thanks

They are all put on in MTP mode. Switch your player to this (forget about the Auto-Defect setting) and all will be visible in Wondows Explorer. Files put on in 1 mode are not viewable or accessible in the other.

Or simply use the Format option in the Settings menu. This will erase them all in one fell swoop. :wink:

They are all put on in MTP mode. Switch your player to this (forget about the Auto-Defect setting) and all will be visible in Windows Explorer. Files put on in 1 mode are not viewable or accessible in the other.

Or simply use the Format option in the Settings menu. This will erase them all in one fell swoop. :wink:

Or just delete one by one from the player.

@tenzip wrote:
Or just delete one by one from the player.

With 19 songs, countless (& worthless) pictures and a couple of music videos, that would take some time. Especially when there’s a bug with the on-board DELETE function causing hang-ups & freezing requiring a re-set for some people.

@tapeworm wrote:

They are all put on in MTP mode. Switch your player to this (forget about the Auto-Defect setting) and all will be visible in Windows Explorer. Files put on in 1 mode are not viewable or accessible in the other.

Thanks, that worked a treat!!
Message Edited by Tall_Paul on 03-15-2009 02:52 PM