Sansa fuze podcast?

i dont really know if someone has already post this but i just got a sansa fuze yesterday. and im wondering how do we get podcasts?? im looking at different posts and everybody is mentioning itune podcast. does it work??? and can you guys tell me how to do it. thanks!!

You can get free podcasts from many places. Many radio stations around the world have free podcasts of their shows available. International broadcasters such as BBC and VOA have them. Many non profit and religious organizations have podcasts available. Some colleges have have free podcasts available to the public. There are also some websites that sell podcasts. If you are looking for free podcasts on a certain subject, you could try doing some Google searches.

To collect podcasts and send them to the Fuze, no, iTunes won’t do it. It only works with iPods. Funny about that.

As suggested above, you  can download individual podcasts directly from people who put them up, like radio stations, newspapers, etc.

There are also many  podcast-collecting programs that can subscribe you to your favorite podcasts and download them automatically for you. One is Juice.

Google Podcast aggregator, podcast programs, etc., to find one that looks good to you. Or go to CNET’s download.com

Don’t pay for one–there are plenty of freebies out there. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 09-20-2009 12:03 PM

@black_rectangle wrote:

To collect podcasts and send them to the Fuze, no, iTunes won’t do it. It only works with iPods. Funny about that.

As suggested above, you  can download individual podcasts directly from people who put them up, like radio stations, newspapers, etc.

There are also many  podcast-collecting programs that can subscribe you to your favorite podcasts and download them automatically for you. One is Juice.

Google Podcast aggregator, podcast programs, etc., to find one that looks good to you. Or go to CNET’s download.com

Don’t pay for one–there are plenty of freebies out there. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 09-20-2009 12:03 PM

I’ve been using Juice for a while now. I have it download my podcasts to a desktop folder, then I cut and paste them onto my player. Easy as pie!

I actually prefer Media Monkey for podcasts.  It updates them great.  Juice seemed to take all the, um, juice, out of my computer… it tied up the computer and other programs ran slowly.  However both do work.

For MM, there’s a purple button on the top that is for Podcats and you can add them. When you put in the link it puts the rest of the info in there (if it can find it).  Then if it doesn’t update (which it may not if the link changes or you haven’t updated it) you can go to the right side to see all the podcasts and right click and choose Update.

Some places to find a few

Podcast Alley - I’ve used this one

Podcast Directory - I don’t know if I used this one or not, it’s in my favorites under my MP3 folder… but here you go.

Blog Talk Radio - not quiet podcasts, but sort of.  It’s free online radio for various things and they are saved into something like podcasts.

how to put potcast on 
SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB 

Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and put it on MSC.

Download the podcast onto your computer .

Connect the Fuze and look in Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer) for Sansa Fuze.

Click on that to open it, and look for the Podcasts folder.

Drag-and-drop the podcast into the folder.

Thanks for posting this. I have used my Fuze for a few years and never could figure out how to get podcast on it. I had no problem finding free podcast, it was just getting them onto the fuze that was the problem. I assumed that the fuze has to be controlled thru Rhapsody software only.