Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

Good idea, up to a point.  How many problems would we have with folks locked out of their players, caused by forgotten passwords, or if there isn’t a password, the kids enter one?

Food for thought.

Bob  :wink:

There could be a menu item “Reset password” that resets the password, but also deletes all the music and other files from the player.

Here is another firmware update request.

On the option screen where you can delete a track, SHOW THE TRACK.

I tend to delete podcasts after listening to them, but if a show has more than one episode, I’m not sure what track I’m deleting.  

I just deleted the wrong file…again.

Current:

[PODCASTS]

< Back to Podcasts>

Speed     Normal

Delete Podcast

Now Playing: [podcast that’s playing] 

Requested:

[PODCASTS]

[track for which Options has been selected]

< Back to Podcasts>

Speed     Normal

Delete Podcast

Now Playing: [podcast that’s playing]  (not necessarily the same as the Options track)

The iPod Touch has password protection.

That kinda defeates the point of a password. It should be unusable if the password is forgotten. It is also a bad feature to be implemented imo.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

Then go buy a freaking iPod and leave the superior player alone. At least sansa considers the community requests when making new firmware.

Message Edited by deadcereal on 04-02-2009 03:25 PM

@deadcereal wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

Then go buy a freaking iPod and leave the superior player alone. At least sansa considers the community requests when making new firmware.

Message Edited by deadcereal on 04-02-2009 03:25 PM

Deadcereal…Chill he was pointing out that the feature is out there, meaning that it exists and that someone somewhere thought it was worth implementing. He was not knocking the Sansa product or supporting the POD just saying the facts.

@tapeworm wrote:

@mmike wrote:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

Where is mah firmware!!!:angry:

I thought it was supposed to be at the end of March…:cry: I’m Leaving Friday morning on a week long camp trip and have to deal with the NO SHUFFLING shuffle.:angry:
Message Edited by mmike on 04-01-2009 08:21 PM

Awww . . . poor baby! :cry:

Camping is supposed to be about ‘roughing it’ after all. And you’re taking your Fuze? Camping is about getting away from civilization and all it’s trappings and enjoying & appreciating Mother Nature and all her sights & sounds. You will miss out on this marvelous experience if you go through it with earbuds jammed into your head.

Leave your Fuze at home. It will still be there when you get back. You’ll come back with a greater appreciation for it. And maybe the firmware update will have been released by then too. An added bonus, before you download & install it you can read everything that people have written about it, good & bad. That way you’ll know what to expect.

And just what non-shuffling shuffle are you talking about?

The trip is really for a week long motorcycle ride in the Texas hill Country and tent camping at night and I love listening to good tunes while riding. Even with only 8Gb loaded at a time,With the shuffle on it plays some songs 3 or 4 times a day and other songs I won’t hear for weeks if at all. I’ve been playing alphabeticly so I won’t have repeats or skips but I have some songs that are done by several different artist and don’t care to hear them back to back. I keep the Fuze hooked to the radio in the saddlebag so I can’t just hit the wheel and bypass them while riding. THAT IS WHY I WANT THE SHUFFLE FIXED!!

its true that the new firmware actualization is aproximatedly at april?

@mmike wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@mmike wrote:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

I thought it was supposed to be at the end of March…:cry: I’m Leaving Friday morning on a week long camp trip and have to deal with the NO SHUFFLING shuffle.:angry:
Message Edited by mmike on 04-01-2009 08:21 PM

Awww . . . poor baby! :cry:

Camping is supposed to be about ‘roughing it’ after all. And you’re taking your Fuze? Camping is about getting away from civilization and all it’s trappings and enjoying & appreciating Mother Nature and all her sights & sounds. You will miss out on this marvelous experience if you go through it with earbuds jammed into your head.

Leave your Fuze at home. It will still be there when you get back. You’ll come back with a greater appreciation for it. And maybe the firmware update will have been released by then too. An added bonus, before you download & install it you can read everything that people have written about it, good & bad. That way you’ll know what to expect.

And just what non-shuffling shuffle are you talking about?

The trip is really for a week long motorcycle ride in the Texas hill Country and tent camping at night and I love listening to good tunes while riding. Even with only 8Gb loaded at a time,With the shuffle on it plays some songs 3 or 4 times a day and other songs I won’t hear for weeks if at all. I’ve been playing alphabeticly so I won’t have repeats or skips but I have some songs that are done by several different artist and don’t care to hear them back to back. I keep the Fuze hooked to the radio in the saddlebag so I can’t just hit the wheel and bypass them while riding. THAT IS WHY I WANT THE SHUFFLE FIXED!!

Try turning shuffle on and Repeat OFF

Ehh… sorry… Just tired and getting frustrated about things. Sorry for my… outbursts.

@deadcereal wrote:
Ehh… sorry… Just tired and getting frustrated about things. Sorry for my… outbursts.

Don’t give in to your anger…you know where it can lead…

I’ve never owned an iPod and it’s not in my plans to go out and get one anytime soon. I was merely saying that the feature is out there already. iPods do have features I like, but so does the Fuze, and until they make a player with the scratch resistancy of the iPod 4th gen nano (from what I’ve seen anyway) and heavy accessory support and the WiFi share stuff that the Zune has (or I think the connect used to have it) and then the microSD & FM radio that the Fuze has, there will not be a SUPER AWESOME mp3 player out there to me, all will have their pros and cons, but I still like the Fuze better.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
I’ve never owned an iPod and it’s not in my plans to go out and get one anytime soon. I was merely saying that the feature is out there already. iPods do have features I like, but so does the Fuze, and until they make a player with the scratch resistancy of the iPod 4th gen nano (from what I’ve seen anyway) and heavy accessory support and the WiFi share stuff that the Zune has (or I think the connect used to have it) and then the microSD & FM radio that the Fuze has, there will not be a SUPER AWESOME mp3 player out there to me, all will have their pros and cons, but I still like the Fuze better.

I used to think the scratch-loving Sansas were severely handicapped. That was until I discovered a simple solution that fully restores non-severely damaged Sansas to brand new condition.The reason it works is because the Sansas are soft surfaced, which unfortunately makes them very prone to micro scratches. But, since their plastic is softer than others, they are much easier to restore. The protective coated DAPs like the iPods and Zunes and Sonys are now the handicapped ones because they will scratch and are near impossible to restore.

My vote goes to Sansa for sticking with the softer plastic. I have all of my Sansas looking as new as the day I bought them…completely scratch free. And that includes free of micro scratches or any kind of swirling.

EDIT - I forgot to mention, this works on the 3rd Gen iPod as well. It might work on later iPods that aren’t protected, but I have only the 3G, so I don’t know.All I can say is my3G looks brand new now. This process helps the metal back of my 3G but won’t fully remove scratches. It will make the back look very acceptable, though.

Basically, any clear plastic surface that is unprotected, including CDs and such, are restorable with the process. The only diference would be the method of applying this process. What that means is some DAPs have features like buttons and such as that. This will determine the method of applying the restoration process, whether it’s done by cloth wrapped finger, around all the surface features, or laid down on the stationary cloth and the DAP is moved around. The 3G iPod is a perfect example of a DAP that can be laid down on a stationary cloth and moved about rather than using a cloth wrapped finger to service the surface.

Also, the iriver Clix2 is another DAP that’s perfect for this process.

Message Edited by lewislink on 04-02-2009 10:45 PM

I used to have an iPod. 30gb Video. Got it for free because it didnt work. Mobo had some major corrosion, so I cleaned that up and and it worked! I loved everything about it except its lack of features, iTunes, and the fact that the hard drive failed a month later. And at the same time, I noticed a physical crack starting to form in the mobo. I love the fuze because it has everything the iPod does not. It even does better what the iPod does perfectly! The only, and I mean only thing I like more about the iPod is not the iPod itself, but the accesories. Otherwise the fuze is better than any iPod in every way!

Oh and I found the perfect way to combat that scratch problem. Dirt cheap too. At my school, every room has a roll of clear scotch tape. I take two strips and lay them flat across the screen. If you do it right, there are no bubbles, distortion, or an annoying tape line across the middle of the screen. Eventually the tape gets a bit scratched up. Just remove it, rinse, repeat! Actually, don’t put your fuze in water… that may be bad…

EDIT: I has some images. I will link them instead of attaching them because they are kinda big and I don’t feel like dealing with them. Also, ignore my horrible camera skillz. I am working on it.

And so no one has to say anything, yes there is electrical tape on the side of it. I have a problem sometimes that when I put it down, it does a database refresh because the card shifts. And it sticks out a little. And yes I screwed up the tape this time. And yes I have a slight paint chip in my scroll wheel.

Message Edited by deadcereal on 04-02-2009 10:39 PM

I can’t just hit the wheel and bypass them while riding. THAT IS WHY I WANT THE SHUFFLE FIXED!!

Try turning shuffle on and Repeat OFF

Also, consider that shouting is probably not the most effective way of getting your problem noticed and dealt with. 

Well, at least not your Sansa problems.  Your personal issues will be obvious, but there’s nothing much that SanDisk can do about that, unless your brain is flash upgradable.

Chill everyone. :wink:

@lewislink wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

I used to think the scratch-loving Sansas were severely handicapped. That was until I discovered a simple solution that fully restores non-severely damaged Sansas to brand new condition.

EDIT - I forgot to mention, this works on the 3rd Gen iPod as well. It might work on later iPods that aren’t protected, but I have only the 3G, so I don’t know.All I can say is my3G looks brand new now. This process helps the metal back of my 3G but won’t fully remove scratches. It will make the back look very acceptable, though.

Umm, I’m sure everyone here is very pleased for you that you found this miracle cure against scratches, but how about actually explaining what to do? :wink:

The solution that works best for me so far, is: prevent my Fuze from getting scratched in the first place by keeping it in a crystal case.

@charon_suomi wrote:

Umm, I’m sure everyone here is very pleased for you that you found this miracle cure against scratches, but how about actually explaining what to do? :wink: The solution that works best for me so far, is: prevent my Fuze from getting scratched in the first place by keeping it in a crystal case.

If you’re interested in the procedure, visit DAPreview. A high quality DAP testing site that is run by the nicest, highest quality person I’ve met. Here’s the URL:

Come on guys, hurry up, we have to get to a hundred pages before the new firmware is released!:smileyvery-happy:

@yelped wrote:
Come on guys, hurry up, we have to get to a hundred pages before the new firmware is released!:smileyvery-happy:

I hope the firmware hits before that… Its taken 3 months to get where it is. BTW congtats on the bump.