Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

@conversionbox wrote:


@robisan wrote:


@yelped wrote:
Come on guys, hurry up, we have to get to a hundred pages before the new firmware is released!:smileyvery-happy:


At a minimum I think we’re going to have at least the weekend to work on it. I doubt they’re going to release new firmware on a Friday afternoon… (C’mon Sansa, prove me wrong!)


Last firmware was released on a friday if I remember correctly.

Thurdsay, 12-11-2008 04:29 PM (Pacific Time).  This was the due November release…

@robisan wrote:


@conversionbox wrote:


@robisan wrote:


@yelped wrote:
Come on guys, hurry up, we have to get to a hundred pages before the new firmware is released!:smileyvery-happy:


At a minimum I think we’re going to have at least the weekend to work on it. I doubt they’re going to release new firmware on a Friday afternoon… (C’mon Sansa, prove me wrong!)


Last firmware was released on a friday if I remember correctly.


Thurdsay, 12-11-2008 04:29 PM (Pacific Time).  This was the due November release…

I couldnt remember for sure.

At least, I hope I’ll get the firmware update before I take the plane for my trip to NYC. It’s friday night… I guess we’ll have to wait until next week!

I noticed you were talking about Twilight the other day. Was it the book or the movie?

I’d like to know if it’s difficult to read, and if I should read it in English or in French. To help you answer me, Harry Potter, David Eddings, Isaac Asimov are easy to read, but the Dune saga is really too hard for me.

Message Edited by flocon on 03-04-2009 11:17 PM

They will release it sooner or later. I would much rather them thoroughly test it in QA before a release than to rush out firmware that will cause more problems than the player already has. I think they should probably look into why when you leave the version 2 plugged in for 4 hours or more you end up with a white screen and have to do a reset on the player.

I haven’t seen a post from Sansafix in at least a week. If nothing else it would be nice to hear a new ETA on the update.

@saxmaster765 wrote:

I bought a nice leather case for it to hopefully stop scratching it further, but it scratched it more.

Same thing happened with my iPod. The Fuze doesn’t scratch nearly as easily as the iPods used to, though - a 4th-gen iPod could actually get scratches while carrying it inside an otherwise-empty jeans pocket. I don’t use a case and my Fuze still looks pretty good after a year.

@flocon wrote:

At least, I hope I’ll get the firmware update before I take the plane for my trip to NYC. It’s friday night… I guess we’ll have to wait until next week!

 

I noticed you were talking about Twilight the other day. Was it the book or the movie?

I’d like to know if it’s difficult to read, and if I should read it in English or in French. To help you answer me, Harry Potter, David Eddings, Isaac Asimov are easy to read, but the Dune saga is really too hard for me.

Message Edited by flocon on 03-04-2009 11:17 PM


Twilight is geared towards teen girls.  You shouldn’t have a problem; it’s an easier read than Harry Potter.

The Dune saga flummoxes a lot of people. I read everything through Chapterhouse: Dune, but I was bored with it after book three. 

(They speak French in New Zealand? :wink: )

Message Edited by Reviewboy on 04-03-2009 04:26 PM

@conversionbox wrote:


@deadcereal wrote:


@conversionbox wrote:


@yelped wrote:
Come on guys, hurry up, we have to get to a hundred pages before the new firmware is released!:smileyvery-happy:


I hope the firmware hits before that… Its taken 3 months to get where it is. BTW congtats on the bump.


Over the last week or so it has almost doubled in length though. I still would like to have my firmware before it gets that big.


No it hasnt. I went from about 45 pages to almost 60… Its not doubled but it is about 25% bigger.

Really? I thought it was at like 32 or something. Oh well. I could have checked the post dates.

About page 36-37, right?

Message Edited by deadcereal on 04-03-2009 06:27 PM

I must say, this Sansa Fuze gizmo works great!

@reviewboy wrote:

problem; it’s an easier read than Harry Potter.

The Dune saga flummoxes a lot of people. I read everything through Chapterhouse: Dune, but I was bored with it after book three. 

(They speak French in New Zealand? :wink: )

Message Edited by Reviewboy on 04-03-2009 04:26 PM

Teen girls? Well, that’ll take me back a few years…

Dune was interesting in French, but I couldn’t get past page 4 in English. Although I have made progress, since… It’s not my favorite reading, though. Right now, I’m back in Orson Scott Card books: Ender’s Game and Alvin Maker.

@flocon wrote:


@reviewboy wrote:

problem; it’s an easier read than Harry Potter.

The Dune saga flummoxes a lot of people. I read everything through Chapterhouse: Dune, but I was bored with it after book three. 

(They speak French in New Zealand? :wink: )

Message Edited by Reviewboy on 04-03-2009 04:26 PM


Teen girls? Well, that’ll take me back a few years…

Dune was interesting in French, but I couldn’t get past page 4 in English. Although I have made progress, since… It’s not my favorite reading, though. Right now, I’m back in Orson Scott Card books: Ender’s Game and Alvin Maker.

Guys I read about 300 e-mails a day… so for your conversation about books that are hard reads, I have a solution… Audiobooks! Its so much easier!

@flocon wrote:


@reviewboy wrote:

problem; it’s an easier read than Harry Potter.

The Dune saga flummoxes a lot of people. I read everything through Chapterhouse: Dune, but I was bored with it after book three. 

(They speak French in New Zealand? :wink: )

Message Edited by Reviewboy on 04-03-2009 04:26 PM


Teen girls? Well, that’ll take me back a few years…

Dune was interesting in French, but I couldn’t get past page 4 in English. Although I have made progress, since… It’s not my favorite reading, though. Right now, I’m back in Orson Scott Card books: Ender’s Game and Alvin Maker.

Excellent choice. I’m a big fan of the Card books. 

@conversionbox wrote:


@flocon wrote:


@reviewboy wrote:

problem; it’s an easier read than Harry Potter.

The Dune saga flummoxes a lot of people. I read everything through Chapterhouse: Dune, but I was bored with it after book three. 

(They speak French in New Zealand? :wink: )

Message Edited by Reviewboy on 04-03-2009 04:26 PM


Teen girls? Well, that’ll take me back a few years…

Dune was interesting in French, but I couldn’t get past page 4 in English. Although I have made progress, since… It’s not my favorite reading, though. Right now, I’m back in Orson Scott Card books: Ender’s Game and Alvin Maker.


Guys I read about 300 e-mails a day… so for your conversation about books that are hard reads, I have a solution… Audiobooks! Its so much easier!

Absolutely.  (I’m an audible subscriber since 1999, and audiobook lover since - no joke - the days of vinyl.)

Before we all get lost in the world of literature, where is the firmware update?

Message Edited by RREbi on 04-04-2009 10:31 AM

…it’s on its way…:smileyvery-happy:

600 entries, now that’s something… well done everybody, hehehe

am following the thread and think its lank funny, not bad for a “serious” techno thread…

L

Hi all,

I bought my 8Gb Fuze over Christmas as an emergency measure while my other players were sent in for repairs and I’m really happy with it.  That being said, having drowned in this thread for days now, I have a couple questions (no, one of them *isn’t* when will the firmware be released - I’m quite content to wait on the assumption that it’s being properly tested):

Will the new Fuze firmware FINALLY have gapless playback?  Regardless of what anyone else says, this is a must have, at least for me.  Hopefully it will be implemented in such a way that it supports mp3, flac and ogg although I could get by with the first two only.  Heck, if software devs for Winamp, Foobar, XMPlay and VUPLayer could figure out the way around the format limitations, I see no reason why firmware engineers can’t.

The other thing I’d love to see this player get is folder support.  Yes, I’ve read the nonsense that it’s good enough for Apple users so it should be good enough for Sandisk users.  Rubbish.  If I was an Apple chowderhead, I’d have bought an Apple player - I prefer not to settle for medioctiry. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ;)  My other two players by Cowon (an X5 and an iAudio 7) both support folders and I find that essential for the way I organize / play music.

However, given the choice, I’d pick gapless over folder support.

Sooo, anyone know the answers?  Inquiring minds want to know…

Message Edited by roj on 04-04-2009 11:19 AM

@roj wrote:

Hi all,

 

I bought my 8Gb Fuze over Christmas as an emergency measure while my other players were sent in for repairs and I’m really happy with it.  That being said, having drowned in this thread for days now, I have a couple questions (no, one of them *isn’t* when will the firmware be released - I’m quite content to wait on the assumption that it’s being properly tested):

 

Will the new Fuze firmware FINALLY have gapless playback?  Regardless of what anyone else says, this is a must have, at least for me.  Hopefully it will be implemented in such a way that it supports mp3, flac and ogg although I oculd get by with the first two only.  Heck, if software devs for Winamp, Foobar, XMPlay and VUPLayer could figure out the way around the format limitations, I see no reason why firmware engineers can’t.

 

The other thing I’d love to see this player get is folder support.  Yes, I’ve read the nonsense that it’s good enough for Apple users so it should be good enough for Sandisk users.  Rubbish.  If I was an Apple chowderhead, I’d have bought an Apple player - I prefer not to settle for medioctiry. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ;)  My other two players by Cowon (an X5 and an iAudio 7) both support folders and I find that essential for the way I organize / play music.

 

However, given the choice, I’d pick gapless over folder support.

 

Sooo, anyone know the answers?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Message Edited by roj on 04-04-2009 11:14 AM

Message Edited by roj on 04-04-2009 11:14 AM

Gappless is in the works. But not in this firmware. Folder nav is in the works as well, but we havent heard if it is ready to implement. We will just have to see.

@rrebi wrote:
Before we all get lost in the world of literature, where is the firmware update?
Message Edited by RREbi on 04-04-2009 10:31 AM

At the risk of sounding like the proverbial broken record, I am going to copy and paste my response to this question in another thread today. :smiley:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:
So I thought this amazing firmware was supposed to come out back in march.

They never listed a specific date. They said, “The end of Q1, 2009”. If we haven’t seen it yet, that means they’re trying to make it work properly before they release it to the public. So just chill out and relax…the Fuze is working just fine already, any improvements are just gravy!

Just a guess … but I think folder browsing will be in this update. Sansafix’s hinted that the coming update will make us not need/want Rockbox. We know gapless has been ruled out for this update, so I think folder browsing may what he was hinting.

Thanks and that’s great.  Both features are on the way.  I can wait. :)  Ya gotta love a company that listens to its customers.  Does Sansa release quarterly firmware updates (give or take - just a ballpark)?

Message Edited by roj on 04-04-2009 12:09 PM