Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

Did that.

@saxmaster765 wrote:
Sorry if I may sound like some guy who doesn’t know what he’s talking about, but what’s so extremely important about folder browsing? It’s arranged exactly the same way in the folders as it was before the update.

Eh… you mean the playlists show the files as they arranged in folders? Well, I really have no time to generate playlists for audiobooks which can have a couple of hundred files. And besides I think in folders not in playlists - the computer habit you may say… :slight_smile: I just can’t perceive a device without a folder browsing as a mp3 player.

The playlists are mainly for the music.

Crystalyn - congratulations!  I ran into that freezing problem myself just a week ago - that was scary! :slight_smile:

Message Edited by Etoja on 04-26-2009 04:35 PM

Thank You for DIRECTORIES support!!! Fuze is now perfect player for me!!! Great customer support! :smileyvery-happy:

Now I can listen to my old messy MP3s directories :slight_smile:

So what did you do to get it working…didn’t have problems with my two 4gb fuzes. I’d hate to call tech support.

@misscrystalyn wrote:

So what did you do to get it working…didn’t have problems with my two 4gb fuzes. I’d hate to call tech support.

Oops. I have wrongly assumed you kept the switch up for 15 seconds and it was back to normal (which was my case). Obviously the upgrade gone somewhere wrong. If I were you I would format the player via computer in FAT32 and drag and drop the bin file again. Are you sure you are using the right version of the firmware?

PS. To be honest, I never formatted the Fuze via computer, only via Fuze inside format option.

Message Edited by Etoja on 04-27-2009 05:00 PM

I had previously posted that I had had a few troubles with the latest firmware, and rolled back to the previous FW.  Well, I decided to give it another go, and first formatted my player, then installed the new FW.  I then formatted my Fuze again (to get the 8000 song limit) and everything is working great so far.  No power problems or weird skipping through songs.  I’m sure some here suggested formatting their Fuzes first before installing the FW, and I apologize to those fine folks for not following that advice sooner.  Oh, well, thanks, everybody and SanDisk, too.  Folder view on a Sansa player?  Never thought I’d live to see the day…

@timmayle wrote:

Hi all,

Since update to 1.2.26 I’m unable to add a certain amount of music without having my fuze to hang on “updating database” after pulling out the usb plug.

I manage to make it work with 5-6 albums, but then it goes back on the hang situation.

I could define that it do not seems to be “album oriented” but more when I go over a certain amount of data.

It would be very good to be able to go on a previous firmware version. I’m stuck :frowning:

Tim

I have same issue as Tim

any solution all my files are OGG tagged with Tag & Rename they worked fine before

try formatting before update tthen after and multiple modes

my Sansa fuse 8gb is v1 with an 8gb sandisk card

wouldnt mind a fix for this issue  or maybe a link to the first ever firmware

maybe updating al the way from start will fix it

Message Edited by squee666 on 04-28-2009 05:50 AM

Hello, 

Am I the only one who wants to use an playlist(for music) below the first page, (of the playlists) in a slideshow?

Or is it an unfixable bug?

When I select “Sonata Arctica” as playlist for a slideshow, it does not work, however "Era (which is on the first screen when you select a playlist) does play.

I hope you will understand my point…

And I hope you will not have problems with my English aswell.

Rik

There seems to be a bug in the latest firmware (01.02.26f) which causes mono flac files to be skipped (whereas stereo flac files are played normally). I discovered this after my Sansa Fuze refused to play some of my flacs. At first I thought it had to do with their bit depth, but then I discovered that the problematic files were all mono, and all the working ones were stereo. To verify this, I imported a mono file into Audacity and exported it as a both mono and stereo flac file, then did the same with a stereo file. In both cases, Sansa played only the stereo files.

Here’s the related thread: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=25653

No, I’ve never formatted any of my sansas via the computer.  I usually let my boyfriend do that, since he is sooo much more tech savy than me.  I’m good up until you say format on the computer and then I freeze…cooking dinner, that’s another story.

Sadly, my dad’s Sansa is a goner and I bought him a new one.  Lets hope this all works!

I think I need to re-install the firmware because I have the frozen white screen.  So how do I do this if I can’t see anything on the fuze screen?  I can’t go to settings, see the version, change to MSC mode, format it, etc.

@wiggy409 wrote:
I think I need to reinstall the firmware because I have the frozen white screen.  So how do I do this if I can’t see anything on the fuze screen?  I can’t go to settings, see the version, change to MSC mode, format it, etc.

Here’s what you do plug it in and right click on the icon go to properties and see the version. Then download the right version and boom your good to go
Message Edited by delonh24 on 05-02-2009 04:57 PM

I suppose I spoke to soon when I said everything was working fine with the latest firmware re-install.  After working wonderfully for a week, yesterday, during a car ride home, my Fuze turned off after five minutes (due to the power saving feature and the fact that I was taking a cell phone call) and then wouldn’t turn back on.  I did a hard re-set, it booted up, refreshed the memory, and went right on working.  I turned it off and then on again, and no problems.  Hopefully, this won’t happen to often and will definitely get fixed in the next FW update.

Is there anyway to display both japanese and chinese characters correctly? When I use japanese as system language I can’t read chinese in my fuze, vice versa. 

I updated to this firmware, noticed the better scrolling speed, but when i click into a song to play it lags 1~3seconds before it is played. How to fix this? 

Jiatern, I also have a similar language problem. When I use English interface (which is preferable for me) the Russian characters in the file names are represented by some strange alien letters. Rather strange, because 3-4 year old unbranded Rockchip based mp3 players have no such a bug and show names correctly.

I noticed after i updated, while a song is playing and you press the select button it shows those dancing bars.  Before it only stayed for about 10 seconds but now it it stays.   Just wanted to share.:smiley:

@microwindowsxp1 wrote:
I noticed after i updated, while a song is playing and you press the select button it shows those dancing bars.  Before it only stayed for about 10 seconds but now it it stays.   Just wanted to share.:smiley:

Yup, it will stay until your screen goes back to sleep. :smiley:

I haven’t have much time yet to test out the new firmware.  I just got it tonight.  I haven’t opened the updater for quite some time.  I’ll have to play around with the new firmware.  I do love when you are playing a song, press the options button and scroll down to the bottom and there is track info.  Finally.  Thanks Sandisk.

@microwindowsxp1 wrote:
I haven’t have much time yet to test out the new firmware.  I just got it tonight.  I haven’t opened the updater for quite some time.  I’ll have to play around with the new firmware.  I do love when you are playing a song, press the options button and scroll down to the bottom and there is track info.  Finally.  Thanks Sandisk.

Track info is awesome, and I’ve grown to appreciate the folder navigation too.

@marvin_martian wrote:

…and I’ve grown to appreciate the folder navigation too.

Yup. I never thought I’d care about it or use it. However, having organized my classical albums into one root folder and everything else in another root folder I now have Play All - Shuffle capability without classical pieces popping in occasionally. It’s a little thing, but pretty much impossible to accomplish with a tag-based database library.

…Adding, now if they’d just make a flash player with enough internal memory to hold my entire computer file structure. With 32gb flash drives retailing for well $100 (and 64gb flash drives also being sold) why can’t somebody build a quality music player around them? It’s May 2009 and the Fuze/Clip line still tops out at … 8GB??