Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

@rainbreak wrote:

I’ve registered just to share my (somewhat) frustrating experience with the new firmware.  I was excited at first, but after I loaded the firmware on my (V1, 8GB Silver) fuze, I was shocked to find that my fuze refused to turn on after the update, which apparently went well.  I found that the only way to get my fuze to turn back on again was to do a reset (holding the power switch up for about 15 seconds).  This works inconsistently, and I have to try more than once for it to work.  No amount of ‘regular’ turning on (just flicking the switch up for a short while) will get it to turn on until I’ve done the reset. 

 

Also, normally the fuze will turn on automatically after I connect it to my PC.  However, now when I connect it, it remains shut off and XP refuses to recognize its existence.  It doesn’t even seem to charge.

 

When it does turn on, it acts absolutely normal - it loads, plays music, everything.  It even connects correctly and without problems to my PC.  Hoping that it would fix the problem, I re-transferred the firmware over to the fuze, which updated again.  The problems remain.

 

This all happened right after I installed the new firmware.  I’ve had the player since Christmas and this is the very first problem I’ve ever had with it.  I only hope that there is a way to fix this without having to format the player (though my music collection isn’t particularly large,  it is tedious to transfer it all with my old, slow 1.0 USB Ports (or so I assume, as whenever I connect a USB device, it always says it would be better to connect it via a “HI-SPEED USB 2.0 Port” or something like that)).

 

 Thanks in advance for any advice.  I’ll probably try formatting if nothing else seems to help.

 

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go eat dinner real quick :wink:.

 

Edit: I don’t use any memory cards.

Message Edited by Rainbreak on 04-08-2009 05:48 PM

 

I would try resetting the device to factory settings then hold the power switch up for about 10 sec to reset the fuze, then try reloading the firmware. if you are still having issues you will want to format the fuze and reload the firmware and then the files.i would use the format option in the fuze settings menu. this will most likely resolve the issues you are having.  

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Slot, can you comment on the corruption of my ID tags after the update? I don’t think it can just be me since my brother told me he had the same problem. I’m not mad, but I don’t want it ignored since I have to fix it and then wait for the media to refresh. New wallpapers though, keep it in mind.
Message Edited by shenanagins1091 on 04-08-2009 05:21 PM

 

you seem to be the only one having this issue. i would try deleting the files with the issue and reloading them. should fix your issue.

@jarrycanada wrote:

It’s stupied that I have to rename the Genres for all my podcasts or as you say make a custem play list. I Dont’ have a notebook with me alll the time and it’s stupied that I would need one just to add three or four shows to a play list.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 04-08-2009 05:29 PM

 

  1. stupied

The stupid way of spelling stupid. Basically, it’s how illiterate morons try to be clever by using big words with 2 syllables. Except they spell them wrong.

Moron: OMG u r lyke sooo stupied !!!111 
Person: I’m not so sure about that, but I know you’re stupid.

source:

urban dictionary 

:wink: 

 

drlucky

While i am sure your remarks were a well intended jab please take some time to read our forum rules and guidelines. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. You have been around these forums for quite some time and I want to thank you for your contributions so this will be your warning, please keep posts on topic or you will be enjoying an involuntary vacation.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 04-08-2009 06:57 PM

Thanks to all for the update. Great Job!!!  Works great,  Fuze Ver 2 4GB

@drlucky wrote:


@jarrycanada wrote:

It’s stupied that I have to rename the Genres for all my podcasts or as you say make a custem play list. I Dont’ have a notebook with me alll the time and it’s stupied that I would need one just to add three or four shows to a play list.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 04-08-2009 05:29 PM


  1. stupied
     
    The stupid way of spelling stupid. Basically, it’s how illiterate morons try to be clever by using big words with 2 syllables. Except they spell them wrong.

Moron: OMG u r lyke sooo stupied !!!111 
Person: I’m not so sure about that, but I know you’re stupid.

source:

urban dictionary 

:wink: 

And to think that just by clicking on the ‘Check Spelling’ button while composing a message would catch all this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I was assuming it was a French spelling since they are in Canada. Anyway, my brother has different songs that also have the problem that I have so it is not just me.

I hooked up my 4gig black fuse v1 and used the updater. no probs just asked for the correct region and it seems fine. also had 8gig card installed and full. no tag issues and I like the extra info. Thanks for the FREE update for a product that was worth my $ to begin with!!!:wink:

Not sure if this was discussed before earlier in another thread but didn’t someone say that the firmware would do away with sansa media converter?

Thanks for the update! :smiley:

Sansafix had stated that we might not need Rockbox after this update. Folder navigation was the #1 reason I wanted Rockbox, so I’m happy now.

Message Edited by Kara1 on 04-08-2009 07:38 PM

Terrific update!  Thanks.  Love the folder navigation feature that’s added.  Now I wouldn’t have to use WMP 11 if I want to group my songs together.:smiley: Also, the replay gain feature is a good addition.

After checking it all out I am very happy with this update. An extra for me was it fixed my problem with my podcast tags…to get to my podcasts that were sorted by program and day but split into more than one file (by the hour) I had to play my first hour then skip a file or two to find the next hour from the correct day. now with folder view I can just select the folder for that day and play just those files in a row…dunno if that made sense but keeps me from having to change tags. Thanks again!

I just bought a new Fuze and immediately applied the firmware. I am curious, I have the player plugged into the usb port and the “connected” animation screen keeps goin. Is it ok to leave my fuze plugged into the usb port while not in use such as overnight? Just wondering if this could shorten screen life etc. in any way.

@woodyear99 wrote:
I just bought a new Fuze and immediately applied the firmware. I am curious, I have the player plugged into the usb port and the “connected” animation screen keeps goin. Is it ok to leave my fuze plugged into the usb port while not in use such as overnight? Just wondering if this could shorten screen life etc. in any way.

 

you should be fine. the fuze has an lcd not an oled so screen life is not a huge issue.  

ok I have updateted my fuze to this latest firmware from 1.02.22A to 1.02.26A and I am having problems with this latest firmware. Anytime I load up an OGG file in MSC mode disconnect the player from the usb cable the player hangs at the refreshing your media screen. The only way to fix this bug is to reset the player and reconnect the device and remove the OGG file. After doing that the player works fine no hang ups. Please slotmonsta can you report this to the powers that be to look into it or should i email tech support?

Message Edited by techieq on 04-08-2009 07:53 PM

@techieq wrote:
ok I have updateted my fuze to this latest firmware from 1.02.22A to 1.02.26A and I am having problems with this latest firmware. Anytime I load up an OGG file in MSC mode disconnect the player from the usb cable the player hangs at the refreshing your media screen. The only way to fix this bug is to reset the player and reconnect the device and remove the OGG file. After doing that the player works fine no hang ups. Please slotmonsta can you report this to the powers that be to look into it or should i email tech support?
Message Edited by techieq on 04-08-2009 07:53 PM

Are you “safely disconnecting” or just unplugging it?

I am safely disconnecting on Mac OS 10.5.6

@owmygroin wrote:
Not sure if this was discussed before earlier in another thread but didn’t someone say that the firmware would do away with sansa media converter?

I believe that falls into the category of rumor and speculation :wink:

@drlucky wrote:


@rainbreak wrote:

I’ve registered just to share my (somewhat) frustrating experience with the new firmware.  I was excited at first, but after I loaded the firmware on my (V1, 8GB Silver) fuze, I was shocked to find that my fuze refused to turn on after the update, which apparently went well.  I found that the only way to get my fuze to turn back on again was to do a reset (holding the power switch up for about 15 seconds).  This works inconsistently, and I have to try more than once for it to work.  No amount of ‘regular’ turning on (just flicking the switch up for a short while) will get it to turn on until I’ve done the reset.

 

 <ETC>

Message Edited by Rainbreak on 04-08-2009 05:48 PM


 

I would try resetting the device to factory settings then hold the power switch up for about 10 sec to reset the fuze, then try reloading the firmware. if you are still having issues you will want to format the fuze and reload the firmware and then the files.i would use the format option in the fuze settings menu. this will most likely resolve the issues you are having.  

 

I followed the suggested steps of resetting to factory settings, reset, and reload the firmware for a third time.  No change.  So I formatted using the onboard option.  After turning the fuze off after this, absolutely nothing changed, except that it took longer than ever to get it to turn back on again. :angry:

I then plugged it back into my computer and formatted it again from there.  I turned the fuze off, and then back on without problems, no delays or anything.  I did it again just to make sure, and this time the fuze got stuck on the end of the little Sansa logo startup animation.  Had to do a reset to get it off, and now the problem is back again. :cry:

Once again, this did not happen until a couple of hours ago after upgrading the firmware (which I am very greatful for, and comes with some really nice features :smiley:). I’ve had several months of completely problem-free and contented use.

Edit: I’m going to go sleep soon, so I’ll leave the fuze out overnight just in case its only a temporary problem.

Message Edited by Rainbreak on 04-08-2009 08:15 PM

@woodyear99 wrote:
I just bought a new Fuze and immediately applied the firmware. I am curious, I have the player plugged into the usb port and the “connected” animation screen keeps goin. Is it ok to leave my fuze plugged into the usb port while not in use such as overnight? Just wondering if this could shorten screen life etc. in any way.

As dr.lucky said, the screen should be fine. I prefer to do all my charging with a wall charger though, and I only connect to the computer if I am adding files or removing them. I figure the less I connect to the computer the fewer chances for something bad to happen. Plus the wall charger works faster because your screen will go to sleep instead of continually flashing the animation, which takes battery power.Some would say I am overly paranoid about only wall charging, and not connecting very often, but my Fuze rarely gives me any problems.

     

@techieq wrote:
I am safely disconnecting on Mac OS 10.5.6

I haven’t used an Apple computer in about 20 years, so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with your issue or not…someone with Mac experience will probably have to help you out. Sorry!