Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

@shenanagins1091 wrote:


I don’t live and die by firmware updates (I greatly enjoy them, whether it be formy PS3, the Fuze, etc) so I wasn’t aware what would make it or what would not. However, this particular update doesn’t do much good for me. Folder navigation? Ok, I just search by artists I don’t see the problem with it. I can see people using it I suppose, the 8000 song thing seems important, too bad I won’t ever have that much.

Things vary for different people, but for all of us it’s another step along the road to perfection.

There’s nothing that I really want, gapless playback would be cool, but it’s not going to kill me if it’s not there. New wallpapers would be nice. I wish that the music option back ground color (when you are in a song and press the down button) was available for wallpaper.

It’s a way of normalising the apparent loudness of music, and is added into the music files during the ripping process.

See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_gain

for more explanation.

@slotmonsta wrote:

 

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.01.26 download and installation instructions

 

FYI once the update is done on the v1 Fuze the firmware version says 01.02.26A

Edit: by the way I forgot to mention, thanks for the update!  I think it’s really cool that SanDisk has a forum where they ask customers what they’d like to see in future updates.  

Message Edited by adamr127 on 04-08-2009 04:50 PM

Eh, I don’t notice a difference with it on.

@adamr127 wrote:


@slotmonsta wrote:

 

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.01.26 download and installation instructions

 


 

FYI once the update is done on the v1 Fuze the firmware version says 01.02.26A

That means you’re in North America:wink:

Also, from what I have noticed, the update has basically corrupted some tags in both my Fuze and my brother’s. There’s just like a rectangle at the end with some songs in it that were not there before. Not sure if this is because of fault of my own, but it happened after the update.

@marvin_martian wrote:


@adamr127 wrote:


@slotmonsta wrote:

 

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.01.26 download and installation instructions

 


 

FYI once the update is done on the v1 Fuze the firmware version says 01.02.26A


That means you’re in North America:wink:

Is it supposed to say 01. 02.26A or 01. 01.26A ?

@adamr127 wrote:


@marvin_martian wrote:


@adamr127 wrote:


@slotmonsta wrote:

 

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.01.26 download and installation instructions

 


 

FYI once the update is done on the v1 Fuze the firmware version says 01.02.26A


That means you’re in North America:wink:


Is it supposed to say 01. 02.26A or 01. 01.26A ?

 

 

I see what you’re saying…mine says 1.02.26A.

I only noticed the A before. :dizzy_face:

Also, when viewing photos then clicking the home button to go back, it “skips” or stops the song playing for a second, which did not happen to me before.

Message Edited by shenanagins1091 on 04-08-2009 04:42 PM

Good catch, adamr127!

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Also, from what I have noticed, the update has basically corrupted some tags in both my Fuze and my brother’s. There’s just like a rectangle at the end with some songs in it that were not there before. Not sure if this is because of fault of my own, but it happened after the update.

You’re kidding, yes? If not, are you talking about an icon next to the song titles…that are on an external memory card…?  Have you not added an external mem card to the Fuze before?

@bobletteross wrote:


@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Also, from what I have noticed, the update has basically corrupted some tags in both my Fuze and my brother’s. There’s just like a rectangle at the end with some songs in it that were not there before. Not sure if this is because of fault of my own, but it happened after the update.


You’re kidding, yes? If not, are you talking about an icon next to the song titles…that are on an external memory card…?  Have you not added an external mem card to the Fuze before?

I do not have any external memory. Here, I’ll describe. Prior to this update, I had Survivor on my Fuze. Now, Survivor is gone! Instead, it appears at the end of the artists list as a rectangle, as well as the song Eye of The Tiger when I click it. There are multiple songs in this rectangle shaped artist in my brother’s Fuze. All tags were propper and editted using MP3 tag before this update.

anyone catch that the white bar goes away when your listening to music? I don’t know what I did but it dissapeared for a while, I changed the volume and it came back.

please tell me you fixed the golist for all Genres such as Podcast and Audio books. it’s the only thing that I ever asked for you guys to fix. it’s stupid that my older sandisk players have no problem adding Podcasts and audio books to the golist and yet the Fuse does. I have to change all my podcast genres to pod or something else everyday because of this bug and I am sorta getting sick of it. it would be nice to just drag and drop my daily shows such as the 404 and BOL to the player and go… not have to monkey around with Genres.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 04-08-2009 06:04 PM

@jarrycanada wrote:
please tell me you fixed the golist for all Genres such as Podcast and Audiobooks. it’s the only thing that I ever asked for you guys to fix. it’s stupied that my older sandisk players have no problem adding Podcasts and audiobooks to the golist and yet the Fuse does. I have to change all my podcast genres to pod or something else everyday because of this bug and I am sorta getting sick of it. it would be nice to just drag and drop my daily shows such as the 404 and BOL to the player and go… not have to monkey around with file Genres
Message Edited by jarrycanada on 04-08-2009 05:00 PM

I just checked, and Go List for podcast is not present.

@jarrycanada wrote:
please tell me you fixed the golist for all Genres such as Podcast and Audiobooks. it’s the only thing that I ever asked for you guys to fix. it’s stupied that my older sandisk players have no problem adding Podcasts and audiobooks to the golist and yet the Fuse does. I have to change all my podcast genres to pod or something else everyday because of this bug and I am sorta getting sick of it. it would be nice to just drag and drop my daily shows such as the 404 and BOL to the player and go… not have to monkey around with file Genres
Message Edited by jarrycanada on 04-08-2009 05:00 PM

What do you use for a podcatcher? I use  MediaMonkey to copy all my podcasts into my podcast folder. Why do you need them in the GoList?

adamr127 wrote:


@slotmonsta wrote:

 

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.01.26 download and installation instructions

 


 

FYI once the update is done on the v1 Fuze the firmware version says 01.02.26A

 

 

Edit: by the way I forgot to mention, thanks for the update!  I think it’s really cool that SanDisk has a forum where they ask customers what they’d like to see in future updates.  

Message Edited by adamr127 on 04-08-2009 04:50 PM

Thanks for the catch. I have updated the thread with the correct version number 01.02.26. The download link will still say 01.01.26 for now but i will get that chaged as soon as possible.

01.02.26 is the correct version.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Certainly the changes in this firmware are significant and deserve the minor version bump.

Because If I am in my car or at a out some place I need to add shows on the fly to my golist. my c250 does this perfectly. I’ll add my daily shows to the go list and have them play so I don’t have to pull over and select another show when I am out. OR at night time when I am upstairs I’ll be adding two or three shows to my list and plug the player into the stereo. Most of the time, it’s plugged into a stereo system not the headphones.  This is my forth SanDisk product and this is the only one that doesn’t let you move Podcasts to a go list. IF I had of known this before hand I would never have bought it, and if SanDisk does this with any of its future products too. that it, THIS IS MY LAST SANDISK PRODUCT. It’s stupid that I have to rename the Genres for all my podcasts or as you say make a custom play list. I don’t have a notebook with me all the time and it’s stupid that I would need one just to add three or four shows to a play list. Doesn’t seem like a hard request to me, after all my c250 c150 512mb SanDisk players all could do this.  Don’t’ see why this product couldn’t do that too. That’s why it upsets me… is all.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 04-08-2009 06:13 PM