Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

slotmonsta-

Kudos!

Gapless playback?

I’m very thankful and all for the update, don’t get me wrong, but I fail to see what sansafix was talking about when he/she said that the next firmware update would make us forget about rockbox.

I think it’s the folder navigation, to the person above me.

@capo327 wrote:
I’m very thankful and all for the update, don’t get me wrong, but I fail to see what sansafix was talking about when he/she said that the next firmware update would make us forget about rockbox.

Early theories on this…folder navigation, replaygain, and track info.

Looks great!

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Gapless playback?

Sansafix said a couple weeks ago that gapless wouldn’t make this update.

It seems that disc number is not yet recognised in Ogg.

But the upgrade went smoothly, and quickly. Now I just need to find out how to look at track info…

Thanks much, Fuze Brigade!

@fenrir wrote:

It seems that disc number is not yet recognised in Ogg.

But the upgrade went smoothly, and quickly. Now I just need to find out how to look at track info…

while the song is playing, Settings-> Music Options->scroll down :smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Gapless playback?

Sansafix said a couple weeks ago that gapless wouldn’t make this update.

I don’t live and die by firmware updates (I greatly enjoy them, whether it be formy PS3, the Fuze, etc) so I wasn’t aware what would make it or what would not. However, this particular update doesn’t do much good for me. Folder navigation? Ok, I just search by artists I don’t see the problem with it. I can see people using it I suppose, the 8000 song thing seems important, too bad I won’t ever have that much.

OK, found the track info. :slight_smile:

And it seems that actually the disc number support is working in Ogg, but I had got things confused in my head.

If I find any anomalies I’ll report back.

So far then, looks like an excellent update.

Thanks guys! Now I need to experiment with this Replay Gain…never used any of these things before:wink:

Also, I don’t get the Replay Gain. Explain?

Folder navigation is great!:slight_smile:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

I don’t live and die by firmware updates (I greatly enjoy them, whether it be formy PS3, the Fuze, etc) so I wasn’t aware what would make it or what would not. However, this particular update doesn’t do much good for me. Folder navigation? Ok, I just search by artists I don’t see the problem with it. I can see people using it I suppose, the 8000 song thing seems important, too bad I won’t ever have that much.

Things vary for different people, but for all of us it’s another step along the road to perfection.

There’s nothing that I really want, gapless playback would be cool, but it’s not going to kill me if it’s not there. New wallpapers would be nice. I wish that the music option back ground color (when you are in a song and press the down button) was available for wallpaper.

It’s a way of normalising the apparent loudness of music, and is added into the music files during the ripping process.

See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_gain

for more explanation.

@slotmonsta wrote:

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.01.26 download and installation instructions

FYI once the update is done on the v1 Fuze the firmware version says 01.02.26A

Edit: by the way I forgot to mention, thanks for the update!  I think it’s really cool that SanDisk has a forum where they ask customers what they’d like to see in future updates.  

Message Edited by adamr127 on 04-08-2009 04:50 PM

Eh, I don’t notice a difference with it on.

@adamr127 wrote:

@slotmonsta wrote:

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.01.26 download and installation instructions

FYI once the update is done on the v1 Fuze the firmware version says 01.02.26A

That means you’re in North America:wink: