Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03

@pawelg: What is your backlight time out? Mine is 30 second and once it blacks out it take an additional 10 seconds for the volume buttons to work, (I’ll test them though without the backlight going off though and see if I’m wrong.)

Same here, the display timeout plus a little more time.  To map the volume key interrupt without the lock is the key.

The new lock feature is almost right.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I don’t believe anyone has mentioned one other negative side effect of the new lock feature, which is that the new “lock” picture is much more opaque than what was on the last lock screen (which did not feature a picture of a lock at all), making it difficult to simply look at track information that’s already playing…you often have to unlock the device first, especially if you’re out in the sun.

@alienkid10

I have 45 seconds backlight out time.

NVM backlight time has nothing to do with it. It’s about 15 second from locking to being able to use the volume buttons. Very annoying.

I tried it several times today. Time between unlocking and working volume: less than 5 seconds. 3 seconds at most. And I always touch the touchpad pulling the player out of my pocket.

unlocking then vol isn’t the problem it’s trying to use them right after it’s locked/the lock screen appears(like when you touch the touch pad whie trying to up volume in your pocket.)

Awesome ! Thanks for the firmware update !

Changing the lock Functionality was a great idea. I like it better now…

Just a reminder that myself and probably others chose the Fuze+ mostly because of its FLAC support.

so ironing out the tagging bugs on that would cool.

I popped by randomily to see if there was a firmware update and to my suprise there was :slight_smile:

Good Job Sansa Crew !

em, using the keys while locked? Isn’t locking supposed to prevent that?

The lock function is intended to lock (inhibit) the touchpad.  The hard keys, the top on / off button and the side volume buttons are not locked.  At least, in theory.  The volume buttons are temporarily locked, and will operate after a delay. 

Bob  :wink:

The touchpad doesn’t get locked for me with 02.36.03A.

ah, well, I always unnlock to change volume…

@roman2 are you making sure it’s really locked? Like does the lock screen show when you first lock it?

I don’t know what the locked screen should look like as it’s never worked for me. After I press the power button very briefly, I am always able to use the touchpad.

first you dont need 2 threads for the same issue. press and hold the button for half a second then release. it will lock it. same to unlock it.

I found the bug!!

The lock function disables the volume buttons until a timeout of the “locked” message, most annoying.  After the delay, the (hard) volume buttons will operate as they should, when locked.  If you inadvertently touch the pad, this message pops up, starting the inhibition of the butons again.

I just discovered something cool.  I started the Tiesto video, and locked the pad.  Pretty nice, the “locked” mask pops up in landscape mode. Try the volume buttons again: they work normally!  At least part of the code works great for the lock.  No timeout, no problems.  Thought I’d pass it on.  Give a video a try to see what I mean.

Tinkering is such great sport.

Oh yes, drlucky is right, the LOCK threshold value is 500ms (1/2 second) for on/off lock.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah cool, but most people don’t lock the screen when a video is playing. More useful when playing music.

Excellent find though, well done. Will probably help developers fix the issue.

+1 for the firmware by the way, the lock function is fantastic now and I’m really enjoying using the device now. Now all we need to fix is the sluggish UI, a recently added playlist, a feature which remembers where you are in the songlists and menus, looped menus, and better battery life and charging time?

Thanks

last 2 I don’t see happening. Does anyone else have my problem where when it’s off the clock isn’t ticking? It doesn’t “catch up” when turned on it just stays at the time(and date) it showed when I last turned it off.

and before these a recently added playlist, a feature which remembers where you are in the songlists and menus, looped menus we need working M3U(8) playlists.

I still can’t play any of my OGG Vorbis files.

And why does the main support page for the Fuze+ still advertise firmware version 01.32.00? I came to the forums looking for an ETA on the next firmware release, and found out it had been released more than two weeks ago. Wazzup w/ that?

• Palmer