Sansa fuze and 16 GB memory expansion ?

Hi I have been checking out the site since my girlfriend bought me my fuze for Christmas.  After doing multiple searches I can see many people have upgraded their 8gb fuze and bought an 16GB Micro-SDHC card.  My question is when I go on the sansa site why do they not offer the 16GB card as a memory expansion choice and only sell the 8gb card?  I was planning to buy it from sansa site just to make sure I was getting what I really needed but they are not available.

I found it online somewhere else, I believe this is what I need to increase my memory.  Can anyone confirm?  The SanDisk 16GB Micro SD High Capacity (microSDHC) Flash Memory Card (Bulk Package) for sale online for around $50  The only thing holding me up is the speed performance rating.   It states that it has Speed performance rating: Class 2 (based on SD 2.00 Specification mean?  I see the 8gb ones one sansa accesory shop are class 4?

Should I pull the trigger?

Thanks

Pull it. “Speed” doesn’t mean much. I have the card u r looking at. Works great.

Message Edited by Peregrine on 05-05-2009 09:31 AM

The rating system changed the same time as the 16GB micro SDHC card was introduced last fall. Class 2 is all you’ll find in this (memory) size.

Don’t be put off by the faster speeds of the smaller memory cards. The Class 4 & 6 cards will only make a difference if you are using them for instance, in a digital camera. The speed refers to how fast data is written to the card, not how fast a device reads from the card.

@tapeworm wrote:

The rating system changed the same time as the 16GB micro SDHC card was introduced last fall. Class 2 is all you’ll find in this (memory) size.

Don’t be put off by the faster speeds of the smaller memory cards. The Class 4 & 6 cards will only make a difference if you are using them for instance, in a digital camera. The speed refers to how fast data is written to the card, not how fast a device reads from the card.

Here’s a Class 4 from SanDisk ($95, yikes!), a Transcend Class 6 ($76) and a Class 6 from A-DATA ($55), so they’re out there. However, as I understand your second point, because the Class does not affect the read rate, a faster Class will not mean a faster refresh of the Fuze database.

@robisan wrote:

Here’s a Class 4 from SanDisk ($95, yikes!), a Transcend Class 6 ($76) and a Class 6 from A-DATA ($55), so they’re out there. However, as I understand your second point, because the Class does not affect the read rate, a faster Class will not mean a faster refresh of the Fuze database.

Interesting finds. I didn’t know there were any higher class micro-sized cards out there. Yeahboy, they are pricey though!

@tapeworm wrote:

@robisan wrote:

Interesting finds. I didn’t know there were any higher class micro-sized cards out there. Yeahboy, they are pricey though!

Yup…not worth it IMO. Sometime this year I want a 16GB, but the SanDisk class 2 will be just fine with me. Even if it was to take an extra minute to refresh or a few minutes longer to load, that’s fine with me. Could be a coffee break. :smiley: