SANSA Fuze 4GB Computer will freeze for a few seconds when unplugged.

Everytime I unplug my SANSA Fuze 4GB, my computer will freeze for about 30 seconds, I can move the mouse cursor, but when I try to click on anything it won’t open for a while. Is there something I can do?

Try Safely Remove Hardware before you unplug.

It is on MTP format and it does not give me such option, I only get such option when I switch to MSC format. COmputer does not freeze for a few seconds when unplugged in MSC format.

Are you using Windows Media Player with it? Try closing WMP first.

Since it doesn’t freeze with MSC, it’s something in your computer’s MTP connection. You could try reinstalling or upgrading Windows Media Player, where that driver is. Or you could just tolerate the freeze.  MTP also stands for Mysterious Troubles and Problems.

Yes I am using Windows Media Player 12, I’m not sure if Windows Media Player was open when I unplugged the device on MTP. I can tolerate the freeze but could it damage my computer?

Also, I am using windows 7, 64 bit

@black_rectangle wrote:

MTP also stands for Mysterious Troubles and Problems.

Hahahahahaha…

@vikthorh wrote:
Yes I am using Windows Media Player 12

I guess that means that there is no possibility of re-installing the player, since *appearently* Microsoft doesn’t want peole to be able to actually *solve* the problems that they are bound to have.

@vikthorh wrote:
Yes I am using Windows Media Player 12

I guess that means that there is no possibility of re-installing the player, since *appearently* Microsoft doesn’t want peole to be able to actually *solve* the problems that they are bound to have after installing a new version of Windows.