Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

  1. Go here: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=sansafuse

  2. Click on “Board Options”

  3. Click on “Subscribe to this board’s RSS feed”

This will not only keep you informed about new firmwares, but also give you valuable problem/solution descriptions for the fuze. If you want to only be informed about a certain topic then configure your RSS client accordingly. Be however warned, that also off topic discussions (such as user specific RSS feeds) could come up and waste your valuable time.

Also please be aware that sandisk might not provide firmware update for all eternity. This is already the third version. The management could decide that after this one the Fuze does not need any more updates and rather concentrate on future product design.

@calv wrote:

The management could decide that after this one the Fuze does not need any more updates and rather concentrate on future product design.

 

 

They’d better not. Yesterday, we were promised a Q1 update increasing the track number limit. :stuck_out_tongue:

@robisan wrote:

Cruiserdude:

 

  1. Umm, duh, I was speaking about future updates, not the one coming out Friday.

 

  1. Some people prefer not to have the updater on their computer (just like some people don’t like email notices), so that’s not a comprehensive solution.

 

  1. Some FW updates contain new, unanticipated features that might indeed be “earth shattering,” if people know about them. Non-obsessive, normal users may only check for FW updates infrequently (or might have a life and not want to check this site daily/weekly). Some might not ever think to come back. Too bad for them that other methods of notice they might prefer offend you so.

 

  1. Don’t want an email notice? Don’t sign up. Nobody’s putting a bleeping gun to your head. If someone else wants and gets an email notice how does that affect you in any way whatsoever? If so, I’ll take great pleasure knowing that my email spam torments you.

 

  1. It appears your solution is that everyone should act exactly like you or else they’re SOL. That some people operate differently from you and/or have different wants/desires for how they get information apparently either never crossed your mind or doesn’t concern you.

 

Sorry if my response is caustic and snarky , however your viewpoint struck me as extremely egocentric.

Nah, just longwinded and useless. Seriously, get over it. 

Nobody needs to hear your 5 point whine. 

Either way, it would be nice to alert owners in cases where they shouldn’t attempt to use the firmware updater lest it rip a hole in the space-time continuum. ; )

Hi guys, i have one silly question. Do I need to update my fuze with all of the firmwares to get features like flac support or wrap around scrolling or its possible to update by the last one, which should be released today? Thx a lot

@andresoid wrote:
Hi guys, i have one silly question. Do I need to update my fuze with all of the firmwares to get features like flac support or wrap around scrolling or its possible to update by the last one, which should be released today? Thx a lot

I don’t think you need to update your Fuze with every firmware version since the latest one should contains everything. And don’t worry, is not a silly question, that’s how we learn. (Sorry for my bad english, I’m peruvian).

Thanks, I`ll try it…hopefully today!:smiley:

"Also please be aware that sandisk might not provide firmware update for all eternity. This is already the third version. The management could decide that after this one the Fuze does not need any more updates and rather concentrate on future product design. "

The Fuze is one of Sandisk’s most popular players. At a certain point,( perhaps a year or so after the Fuze is discontined?) there will be an end to firmware updates for it. We are not anywhere near that point though.

“They’d better not. Yesterday, we were promised a Q1 update increasing the track number limit”

I seem to recollect Sansafix saying before Q1, which means before the end of 2008.

not sure if this was asked in this thread, or anywhere. But are there any (long term) plans to update the UI? I know, pretty superficial, but i think the interface can be a bit slicker (smoother fonts maybe?)

thanks in advance. 

@jk98 wrote:

“They’d better not. Yesterday, we were promised a Q1 update increasing the track number limit”

 

I seem to recollect Sansafix saying before Q1, which means before the end of 2008.

@sansafix wrote:
This limit can be increased in Firmware.  We are expecting a significant increase (target is 8000 songs) by Q1,  2009.
Message Edited by sansafix on 12-11-2008 12:06 PM

I’m looking forward to the new firmware. I agree it would be useful to have some kind of email or RSS notification of firmware releases. As a Linux user, I cannot use the Windows updater. Although at the moment, as my Fuze is new, I am hanging around these forums a lot, I imagine I might not check the forums often in future months. Subscribing to the RSS feed for the Fuze forum would give quite a high noise-to-signal ratio if all I’m looking for is firmware notifications.

So will the newest firmware apply to people with the v2+ versions? And if so, still, don’t use the updater?

@fifer wrote:


@jk98 wrote:

“They’d better not. Yesterday, we were promised a Q1 update increasing the track number limit”

 

I seem to recollect Sansafix saying before Q1, which means before the end of 2008.



@sansafix wrote:
This limit can be increased in Firmware.  We are expecting a significant increase (target is 8000 songs) by Q1,  2009.
Message Edited by sansafix on 12-11-2008 12:06 PM


Before you all get worked into a lather over this, realize that this could mean March 31st next year  OR longer! Remember the update that is supposed to come out today, Dec. 12th was originally ‘scheduled’ for release a month ago in November! These things have a way of sometimes taking longer than anticipated.

And as Spock would say, “Logic would clearly dictate that prudence should be observed in rushing to explore new worlds.” :wink:

In other words, those who rush to be the first are sometimes sorry later. Remember the people who camped out on the street for days just to be the first ones to buy the I-phone? They couldn’t get them activated for days because of the mad rush, and then only 3 months later, the price dropped significantly p!ssing off all those who bought one at the higher price!

QA testing by the SanDisk crew clearly has not caught bugs & issues before, otherwise we wouldn’t need continual updates to fix them. The real ‘proof in the pudding’ comes from us, the real users of these devices who sometimes push the envelope or use it in a particular manner that shows a previously unknown flaw.

If I had a dollar for everyone who rushed to be the first to update their firmware and then later posted, “My this doesn’t work” or “That is worse than before” and “How do I go back to the previous firmware. This sucks!”, then this would be a very merry Christmas indeed! :smiley:

@edison_carter wrote:
So will the newest firmware apply to people with the v2+ versions? And if so, still, don’t use the updater?

No & Yes (in that order) :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes and Yes

@tapeworm wrote:


@fifer wrote:


@jk98 wrote:

“They’d better not. Yesterday, we were promised a Q1 update increasing the track number limit”

 

I seem to recollect Sansafix saying before Q1, which means before the end of 2008.



@sansafix wrote:
This limit can be increased in Firmware.  We are expecting a significant increase (target is 8000 songs) by Q1,  2009.
Message Edited by sansafix on 12-11-2008 12:06 PM



Before you all get worked into a lather over this, realize that this could mean March 31st next year  OR longer!

And until they do, the website spec should be modified to clearly indicate the limit so people can avoid buying a product which does not do what they reasonably expect it to. 

Because 01.01.15 is not latest anymore, please either retitle this thread as obsolete, or update the very initial article in the thread with the material for the latest 01.01.22 (and corresponding 02.01.17), in order to avoid confusing people.

Thanks.

sansafix: Can you tell us what the actual differences will be between Fuze v1 and Fuze v2?

Message Edited by SBMongoos on 12-12-2008 05:50 PM

This thread was pulled from the stickies today.  The new firmware release is titled differently, and covers both revisions of the Fuze.

If you use the Sansa Updater, the correct firmware version is automatically selected.

The Revision 2 devices have a slightly different circuit board, but function the same as the Rev. 1 machines.  This firmware difference reflects the change in internal configuration.

It’s best to leave this thread titled as-is, in case users might have a need to revert to the previous firmware.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: