Sansa Fuse 8G

HELP!!! I dropped my Fuse down a flight steps now it wont turn on or connect to the computer. It just tells me I need to format the device before continuing. Sometimes it wants to turn on but only after one of my 3yr old nieces play with it. Please help me, I really don’t want to delete every thing and have it not work.:womansad:

Give it to your 3-year old niece to play with for a week or so. Maybe she’ll be able to fix it pernamently. Smiley

Give it to your 3-year old niece to play with for a week or so. Maybe she'll be able to fix it pernamently. Smiley  

Seriously, you dropped it down a flight of stairs and you’re surprised it doesn’t work? If I was dropped down a filght of stairs I doubt if I would work either.

Accidents happen. And the person or thing it happens to doesn’t always survive. Before formatting it though, where exactly are you seeing this formatting ‘recommendation’, on the device itself or in Windows when you plug it into your computer? The 1st thing to always try is a simple reset by sliding the spring-loaded power switch on the side to the uppermost postition and holding it there for 20-30 seconds. Release, then after a couple of seconds slide it up momentarily to turn it on. It may start up normally.

why not try to connect it with your computer, see whether the files can be transfer.

The other way is go to Fuse service…

aadmin wrote:

why not try to connect it with your computer, see whether the files can be transfer.

The other way is go to Fuse service…

I believe the OP stated he couldn’t:

TechnicallyMalf wrote:
I dropped my Fuse down a flight steps now it wont turn on or connect to the computer.

. . . hence the question.

And Fu z e service (aka SanDisk Tech Support) is most likely not going to help either, as physical abuse (dropping it down a flight of stairs) is not covered under the warranty.