Sansa Express Won't Boot Up with Micro SD

This has never happened before I’ve had this Sansa mp3 player for some time now. I did once have a problem with it not booting up, I called cust serv and they walked me through some steps to hard-boot it.

I dont remember what those steps were so I might have to speak to them but, I’m not sure if that will fix the problem since the device will bootup without the SD card.

All I did was copy a file to the SD from my computer, I had the Sansa device plugged into the usb port in my laptop. Removed it, and it wouldn’t boot up in my other laptop just kept beeping as it was attempting but, couldn’t. I removed it from the laptop tried to boot it up but, all it does is say “buliding database” then the Sandisk logo comes on, “refreshing database do not remove sd”, then it shuts off.

any help would be appreciated

thanks 

well this is strange. I plugged the sansa mp3 player back into the old laptop and it will connect and open up the external SD. although if I remove it and try to boot it up it won’t work. then I plugged into my new laptop and it won’t open the device.

@abcdabcd wrote:
well this is strange. I plugged the sansa mp3 player back into the old laptop and it will connect and open up the external SD. although if I remove it and try to boot it up it won’t work. then I plugged into my new laptop and it won’t open the device.

If the problem began when you initially inserted the Micro SD card, then it could be a problem with the music files on your Micro SD card. If you had one or more corrupt files, they could have corrupted the database on the Express. You may need to format the Express and the Micro SD card to remove any corrupt content.