Sansa Express playing Audiobooks Backwards

I should have known better than to purchase old hardware, but I figured that Sandisk would have worked out all the bugs by now. I guess I was wrong. Scouring the forums I see that the express plays all audiobooks backwards for everyone and there are several workarounds, most ingeniously renaming all your files in backwards order. I just did a firmware upgrade 10 minutes ago, and still it isn’t fixed. My question is simple … since you guys are fully aware of this bug, why don’t you fix it? This is a simple sorting bug and should be fixable with no more than a few hours of work, realistically it should take about 10 minutes if the firmware was developed properly. Whats the problem? This not only makes your company look bad … can’t even write a good sorting algorithm? … but it hinders everyone that bought your product in order to listen to audio books. I for one don’t listen to music much, at least not on a player. I purchased this product solely for audio books. Now it looks like I need to buy another product, and purchasing another SanDisk product seems unlikely. 

What’s up?

@zhanng wrote:

I should have known better than to purchase old hardware , but I figured that Sandisk would have worked out all the bugs by now. I guess I was wrong. Scouring the forums I see that the express plays all audiobooks backwards for everyone and there are several workarounds, most ingeniously renaming all your files in backwards order. I just did a firmware upgrade 10 minutes ago, and still it isn’t fixed. My question is simple … since you guys are fully aware of this bug, why don’t you fix it? This is a simple sorting bug and should be fixable with no more than a few hours of work, realistically it should take about 10 minutes if the firmware was developed properly. Whats the problem? This not only makes your company look bad … can’t even write a good sorting algorithm? … but it hinders everyone that bought your product in order to listen to audio books. I for one don’t listen to music much, at least not on a player. I purchased this product solely for audio books. Now it looks like I need to buy another product, and purchasing another SanDisk product seems unlikely. 

What’s up?

I think you’ve answered your own question. The Express is an extremely old player, and firmware update support ended long, long ago.

The newer Sansa models handle audio books much better.