Sansa e280 won't recognize any cords

I have a Sansa e280 that stopped recharging.  I assumed I needed a new rechargeable battery, so I got one and it still did not charge.  The battery did have a partial charge and my Sansa still played music and all my files were still there.  When I plugged it into my laptop, my computer would not recognize that anything was plugged in at all.  So I thought there was something that happened to my my charger/USB cord.  I bought a new one…same thing…no charging and computer doesn’t even see that anything is plugged in to it.

I checked my settings and nothing has changed.  In every other way, my Sansa is working and fully operational with all the files there and accessible.  I’m trying to avoid resetting it to factory defaults as I don’t want to lose all of my music files.  Are there any other suggestions out there?  I haven’t found any info out there that could answer this one!

Thanks in advance!

@sharib wrote:

I have a Sansa e280 that stopped recharging.  I assumed I needed a new rechargeable battery, so I got one and it still did not charge.  The battery did have a partial charge and my Sansa still played music and all my files were still there.  When I plugged it into my laptop, my computer would not recognize that anything was plugged in at all.  So I thought there was something that happened to my my charger/USB cord.  I bought a new one…same thing…no charging and computer doesn’t even see that anything is plugged in to it.

I checked my settings and nothing has changed.  In every other way, my Sansa is working and fully operational with all the files there and accessible.  I’m trying to avoid resetting it to factory defaults as I don’t want to lose all of my music files.   Are there any other suggestions out there?  I haven’t found any info out there that could answer this one!

Thanks in advance!

Resetting the factory defaults won’t erase your music. Only formatting would do that. Resetting the factory defaults only resets those personal settings like Backlight time off & brightness, Music and FM Raido options, EQ settings, stuff like that. It’s nothing that can’t be restored easily and in a few minutes.

However, resetting the factory defaults isn’t going to help you with your problem either. Neither will formatting. You’ve already swapped out the replaceable battery and cord; if it is still not charging it sounds like a hardware issue with the charging circuitry inside the player. Time for a new one.