Sansa e270 has stopped connecting to my Mac.

Hi,

My Sansa e270 MP3 player has stopped connecting to my Mac?

It worked fine up until a few months back and I’ve tried everything suggested on this forum (mannually installed new firmware version 01.02.24F and a few other things) and elsewhere online without success, so I was hoping for some help.

Thanks,

Paul

@dshspaul wrote:

Hi,

My Sansa e270 MP3 player has stopped connecting to my Mac?

It worked fine up until a few months back and I’ve tried everything suggested on this forum (mannually installed new firmware version 01.02.24F and a few other things) and elsewhere online without success, so I was hoping for some help.

Though you say you’ve tried everything , unless you list what exactly you’ve tried, we can’t know that you did. Maybe you forget something, or didn’t follow a prodceure fully or something. So to help you, it’s a guessing game and a lot of unneccessary back-and-forth, wasting both your time and ours.

The 1st rule for using a Sansa player with a Mac (and again, I don’t know if you’ve tried this but it’s worth repeating) is that you MUST use MSC mode on the player to connect to your computer. MTP and the infamous Auto Defect settings won’t work.

There’s a few other tips for using a non-Apple device with a Mac. Check this out. If you still need help, post back with more details and we’ll be glad to help.

Hi Tapeworm,

lol When I was writing the post yesterday I knew I’d get picked up on my choice of words. :smiley:

I’ve looked at all the posts on the “Find Answers” area of the site and this Forum that come up when you search for e270 or Mac. None of them seem to be about the problem that I have, though there’s a lot on there and I might have mist it?

Ok, I got my e270 at the end of 2009 and it worked fine up until the summer of 2010 i.e. it connected to my Mac fine (mounted on the Desktop), I could drag n drop MP3 files onto it and they played fine.

I can’t be 100% sure when it stopped connecting, as I only put new stuff on from time to time dew to not having much money to spend on CDs and not downloading stuff for free (I’m a musician so try to support the industry) - it might have been because of a software update I made to the OS (OS X 10.5.8)? At some point over the summer I tryed to connect the e270 to put some albums on and it nolonger loaded up on my Desktop. At that point I tried a few things like checking it was in MSC mode, connected in safe mode, formating it using a PC and then loading new firmware onto it using a PC - sorry, I can’t remember the other things I tried (as it’s a while back now), but none of them worked.

I gave up on trying to fix it and for the past few months I’ve been using my brother’s PC laptop to load songs onto the e270. It’s not very convenient as all my music is on my Mac at my place and his laptop is at his place. When loading music onto it the other day, I thought I should try posting on the Forum.

Thanks for the link, I’ve downloaded the KopyMac program and it’s set up ready for use, though I wont be able to check it out until I can see the e270 on my Desktop again. Might also try Rockbox?

Thanks for the help,

Paul

If you have the same problem try this:

I had to do this on a PC that was running Windows 7.

Start in Recovery Mode: Turn off, put hold on, hold-down the Record button and turn back on.

The PC should now recognise is as a 16mb-format. Simply create a folder inside 16mb format drive and rename the folder to Sansa.fmt. Note that this will do a force format on the device erasing all files…

Eject the player and it should format itself.

Paul