Sansa E260 FM Radio Won't Turn Off!

How do you turn the FM radio off?  I accidentally pressed the “button” for it and I cannot get it to turn off or even switch to the other modes (music, video, photos, etc.).  It seems stuck in radio mode.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

What happens when u try to play an audio file. It doesn’t switch to the new song?:neutral_face:

I think he means it is stuck on the radio screen.

Push the power/menu button, and it should take you out of the radio, and then back to the main menu.

Thanks for your response.  I tried pressing the power/ menu button, but it still wouldn’t switch out of the screen.  I finally decided to just charge the player in the hope it would switch the screen out.  Success. 

chriswis wrote:

Thanks for your response.  I tried pressing the power/ menu button, but it still wouldn’t switch out of the screen.  I finally decided to just charge the player in the hope it would switch the screen out.  Success. 

Hitting the menu buton brings you back to the main menu window. It should bring you to the “FM Radio” screen. From there you can scroll to the other menu screens.

It won’t turn off the radio, there are no buttons or commands to do that. To turn off the radio you have to make another selection, video, picture, songs, etc.

Did you get on answer on this?  I had the same problem today.  I don’t ever use the radio, but turned it on accidently.  I could not get back to the main menu, turning it off & back on (MANY TIMES) didn’t help.  I finally had to turn on my computer, connect the player and download a file to get back to the menu. (PMO!!!).  I would like to know how to fix this in the future.

Just hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds.  That will power off the unit.  When you turn it back on you’ll be at the main menu selection screen.

Holding the power button & shutting it down didn’t work. When it powered back on it would go back to the radio sub-menu. It would not get out of that menu.   ???

If you have a microSD card perhaps taking it out and putting it back in to force a database refresh will get you back to the main menu screen.

press the ‘circle with a line through it’ (power) button for half a second and that should switch it back to the main menu.

I used the advise below and hit the on/off button quickly and it went back to the main menu…