sansa e250r constantly restarting

I have read many posts about Sansa E250’s constantly restarting and have read that installing the new firmware should take care of that.  My computer will not recognize my Sansa because my Sansa will show the first screen (Sansa) but when it goes to the second screen (Sansa Rhapsody) it freezes up and restarts constantly.  I reset the firmware by following some instruction I read on a forum:  with the system off, move the hold button over, hold the recording button down, connect to the computer, let go of the recorder button, drag the downloaded firmware (for my Sansa E250R I only found version 1.0.2.165) to the 16 MB icon in the my computer tab, then I disconnected my Sansa and it said that the firmware was installed successfully but the player restarted and went back into the same restarting mode.  So the firmware update did not seem to do the trick, does anyone have any additional info that might fix this problem?  I would call Tech Support but I am currently in the UK and can’t call back to the states and have not found a UK tech number.  I need this MP3 player like you would not believe.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Turn off the Sansa and slide the lock switch towards hold. Hold the center button while connecting it to the PC and it should now be recognized as 16mb-format. Simply create a folder inside 16mb format drive and rename the folder to Sansa.fmt. Note that this will do a force format on the device erasing all files…

Hope it works.

Jamieson,

You instantly replied to my post and most of all, it worked!  Thank you for your help…now I can listen to my own music and not just pop and techno!!!  You are awesome!  Thanks again

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I tried what you said but the computer did not recognize the Sansa. It did try to load the driver but that was unsuccessful. Do I continue to hold down the center button? Do I turn off the hold?

What do I do?  Thanks

I can’t find sansa.fmt anywhere

Help…

@nitneylion wrote:

I can’t find sansa.fmt anywhere

Help…

@jamieson wrote:

Turn off the Sansa and slide the lock switch towards hold. Hold the center button while connecting it to the PC and it should now be recognized as 16mb-format. Simply create a folder inside 16mb format drive and rename the folder to Sansa.fmt. Note that this will do a force format on the device erasing all files…

Hope it works.

It didn’t…

@nitneylion wrote:

It didn’t…

Try pressing and holding the REC button (on the side of the unit) instead of the center button. That’s the key to get into “Recovery Mode”.