Sansa Clip+

Will the Sansa clip+ be compatible with the ogg`s ???

And also, when will there be any firmware update to make it compatible with 32Gb memory cards??? ?

Did you check and/or read the very top post on this board, Sansa Clip+ Offers Big Sound & Tons of Features in a Tiny, Stylish Package?

•   Designed to work seamlessly with a wide range of music formats, such as MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis and Audible files (for audio books), in both unprotected and protected files

And there won’t be any firmware update necessary to read the 32GB card when it comes out. It will work just like any 2, 4, 8 or 16GB card curretnly available.

Amazing what you can learn just by poking around and reading.

Did you check and/or read the very top post on this board, Sansa Clip+ Offers Big Sound & Tons of Features in a Tiny, Stylish Package?

•   Designed to work seamlessly with a wide range of music formats, such as MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis and Audible files (for audio books), in both unprotected and protected files

And there won’t be any firmware update necessary to read the 32GB card when it comes out. It will work just like any 2, 4, 8 or 16GB card currently available.

•  Designed to work seamlessly with a wide range of music formats, such as MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis and Audible files (for audio books), in both unprotected and protected files

And there won’t be any firmware update necessary to read the 32GB card when it comes out. It will work just like any 2, 4, 8 or 16GB card currently available.

amazing,huh? :)) 

i was just testing to see how fast i`ll get a reply.Thanks!

@sorinodc wrote:

Huh?

@sorinodc wrote:

What’s more amazing is the fact that you are admitting to the ‘strokin’ & the time-wasting. And just to add insult to injury you marked your own reply as the ‘Accepted Solution’?

I’m so gald I could help. Thanks for nothing! :angry:

Please, do us a favor and go bother this forum instead.

Tapeworm

Are you sure Clip+ supports 32gb? On http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/200/related/1, it reads as though it only supported 16gb. I’d be glad for any practical experience. Thanks. 

Daniel

yes, Clip+ is compatible with 32GB micro cards

I thought the clip could only register a limited number of tracks anyway; which depending on the format of your music, would mean that even going above 8gb microSD card would be pointless?

Or has this been fixed already? 

file limit is 8000 tracks. if you use OGG Vorbis or FLAC then you will need the extra space.

I believe for equivalent sound quality OGG takes up less space than mp3s? Or are OGG typically encoded at a flac-esque bitrate anyway?

Also some people claim that only 6494 tracks are recognised, as in this amazon review by frosty: http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3DHE98MAOMQ90/ref=cm_cr_rev_detup_redir?_encoding=UTF8&cdPage=3&store=electronics&newContentID=Mx2B57WJFUDX1VX#Mx2B57WJFUDX1VX 

This would seem to indicate that unless you are using a primarily FLAC collection of music, there is very little point in getting anything more than a 8gb SDcard for the clip+. Then again, I have personally tested none of this, so could be completely wrong. Alternatively, alternative firmware [rockbox?] might allow for much better use of storage space. 

The limit can be less than 8,000 songs if one has long filenames, long tags, long folder names, or heavy nesting of folders that cause path name for files to be long.

The issue with using a format other than mp3 is that battery life might be 20-35% less than with mp3. For this reason, almost all the files on my players are mp3.