Update link for Clip Zip does not work for Mac Mavericks.
I’d like to download audiobooks, borrowed from a library site. I can plug my Clip Zip into the computer, and all it does is turn on, and say “Connected”. The drive shows on the desktop, but, nothing is in it, other than the folders that came on the device.
I have downloaded the zip file for the update, but, when I click on it to open, it gives me an error message that says I can’t open a Windows file.
The directions do not work, either.
" Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.17 Download and Installation instructions
Update using the Sansa Firmware Updater
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Clip Zip before performing firmware update.
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your Sansa Clip Zip to your computer.
• Extract the clpza.bin file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip Zip.
• Disconnect the Sansa Clip Zip and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Clip Zip on, Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” >“System Settings”> “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.01.17"x"."
I see no root directory file, nor the clpza.bin file to extract. The zip file that downloads from the "Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) link just keeps creating new zip files of itself.
I’d REALLY like this to work with my MAC computer! My Windows machine is in the process of dying, and I likely will not be replacing it.