sansa clip won't turn on but heats up...

hello,

I have read and tried to follow all your different suggestions on how to make the sansa clip turn on (hard reset - no reaction on the screen, switching to MSC mode - no reply).

No luck yet.

When I connect the sansa to the computer the device heats up within seconds. The computer does not recognize the device.

I am affraid to burn the device.

What should i do?

I used the sansa clip while jogging, sometimes for more than 90 minutes. is it possible that the sweat ruined the device completly??? Please say it’s not possible…

By any chance, are you still under warranty?  (1 year U.S., 2 EU.)

Thank you.

I am sad to hear that my device is dead.

I didn’t get a warning… :-(   :::::::::: <-tears.

the funeral will take place in the electronics recycling site near my house, as soon as I’ll get there.

The waranty expired a month ago, by the way.

From Naomi

noamshoosh wrote:

Welcome to my world.   :wink:

Sorry to hear that …   :frowning:

noamshoosh wrote:

Thank you.

I am sad to hear that my device is dead.

I didn’t get a warning… :-(   :::::::::: <-tears.

the funeral will take place in the electronics recycling site near my house, as soon as I’ll get there.

From Naomi

I’ll play an .mp3 of Taps in its honor . . .

:cry:

Funny- I just went to charge my brand new 2GB v.2 Clip for only it’s second time…and it did the same thing as OP’s- it got red hot and won’t turn on. I have it in the kitchen sink right now(no water) 'cause I’m afraid it’s going to catch on fire. 

It’s still under warranty- just two weeks old- as it was a replacement for for my last Clip, which had just bricked…

What’s going on Sansa???

These things are becoming unreliable and seem to be plagued with problems lately- now I’ll have to go a few weeks without an MP3 player while I wait for a replacement. Love the sound quality of the Clip…but I think it’s time to start looking into another brand.