Sansa Clip User Manual and General Information

I brought the Sansa Clip 2GB, updated the firmware with the V.01.01.30A and compare to my Brookstone Tiny Tunes Micro MP3 Player the comparison in sound quality is awful on the Sansa Clip.  I keep reading how wonderful the sound is on this Clip so maybe I am doing something wrong.  So far I am ready to trash it and use my 1GB Brookstone, but before I do this, is there something that I should be aware of concerning getting better sound quality.  I even changed the headphones to a Sony, customized the EQ and still the sound is awful. I am currently using Media Player 11.

Thanks.

Are you sure you are inserting the headphone plug all the way? Initially the jack is tight, and it takes a bit of force to insert it fully. The sound quality may not be good if the plug is not fully inserted.

I read  in the specs about battery life and charging time but I’m curious as to the specs of the battery.

IE

 Voltage

MAH

Chemistry 

and why did SanDisk make it have a non user replaceable battery like COUGH COUGH *Apple Ipod*Cough Cough Excuse my Cough:smileyvery-happy: 

@fmtc wrote:

 why did SanDisk make it have a non user replaceable battery like COUGH COUGH *Apple Ipod*Cough Cough Excuse my Cough:smileyvery-happy: 

Its a Size issue. I got my clip (Just got it out of the box) because it was small enough to hide in my pocket when I am in a formal setting, meetings and the like. If the Clop was big enough to house a replaceable battery that would defeat the purpose. Plus your battery should outlast the player.

@conversionbox wrote:


Its a Size issue. I got my clip (Just got it out of the box) because it was small enough to hide in my pocket when I am in a formal setting, meetings and the like. If the Clop was big enough to house a replaceable battery that would defeat the purpose. Plus your battery should outlast the player.

What size did you get?

@marvin_martian wrote:


@conversionbox wrote:


What size did you get?

8 gig… Worth the $100, i hope, Im fixin some bad tags, and loading it up now. I also got SkullCandy Titans in MacRed (See link) to use with it.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/titan-p-82.html

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-09-2009 12:21 AM

@conversionbox wrote:


@marvin_martian wrote:


@conversionbox wrote:


What size did you get?


8 gig… Worth the $100, i hope, Im fixin some bad tags, and loading it up now. I also got SkullCandy Titans in MacRed (See link) to use with it.

 

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/titan-p-82.html

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-09-2009 12:21 AM

I wish mine was more than 2GB…but I’m very happy with it otherwise. Same great sound as the Fuze…no stressing over album art or video conversion. The battery doesn’t last as long as the Fuze, but since you’re a fellow night owl, just set the display brightness at minimum and shorten your backlight time, and you should be all good. Actually, if tax time is good for me, I may get a 4GB then, unless all the prices come down…I certainly would like the 8GB.

@marvin_martian wrote:

. Actually, if tax time is good for me, I may get a 4GB then, unless all the prices come down…I certainly would like the 8GB.

Tax Time for me will envolve Student loans and my other favorite things Sansa Makes CAMERA CARDS. I am planning to Buy a Nikon D70-or D80. This means a shiney new Sandisk UltraII Compact Flash Card.

@conversionbox wrote:


@marvin_martian wrote:

. Actually, if tax time is good for me, I may get a 4GB then, unless all the prices come down…I certainly would like the 8GB.


Tax Time for me will envolve Student loans and my other favorite things Sansa Makes CAMERA CARDS. I am planning to Buy a Nikon D70-or D80. This means a shiney new Sandisk UltraII Compact Flash Card.

My sister got a D90 for X-mas…she’s in heaven. It’s way more camera than I would ever need though.

The ear plugs are all the way in, I even went an brought new plugs Sony MDR-EX36 and still not impress.   I am not one for electronics so maybe the new plugs aren’t the best.   I reset the settings to manufactures setting and still not impressed with the sound.  The acoustics aren’t crisp and clear.  The songs sounds more analog then ditigal.  I appreciate any help you can render.

Is the headphone plug firmly inserted into the Clip, all the way?

how do i uplaod voice recordings from my sandisk sansa clip to my pc   i want to use one of them for a youtube video

Easy!  Go to the Record folder in your Sansa, then open the Voice folder.  Your recording is there in WAV format.  Drag the file to your PC, and use the wav audio, or convert it to MP3 if desired.  There are many applications available to change your wav file to any desired format.

µsansa

user guide doesn’t downlaod

It downloads fine for me. It may be a problem with your computer.

hi here is shujaat and i hav3 sansa clip 4GB but i am facing problems.

1-when I try to charge it thru to cOmputer so it doesn’t work,it gives an installation option for new hardware.

2-when it give this option then i try to install automatically and try with manual by CD also but it doesn’t install.

3-it also doesn’t charge by computer.just it shows name on display

Pls resolve this issue, bcz i would love to listening songs :slight_smile:

Where can I find more detailed manual info. for clip?

@gemeniguy wrote:
Where can I find more detailed manual info. for clip?

Unfortunately, there is none; SanDisk really needs to update and fill out the manual.

However, other places for info.:

–  here; read, search (use the box at upper left) and “troll”

–  anythingbutipod.com also has a Clip forum that may be of help; as part of that, it keeps a thread of the firmware revisions, at http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30954, that helps keep you up-to-date as to revision features

–  you can check out the SanDisk FAQs for its players and specifically for the Clip:  http://kb.sandisk.com/cgi-bin/sandisk_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_brand=sansa and http://kb.sandisk.com/cgi-bin/sandisk_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=YyY6Dlgj&p_lva=&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_brand=sansa&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=2.14&p_prods=4%2C14&p_cats=0&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=4&prod_lvl2=14&prod_lvl3=0&cat_lvl1=0&p_search_text=sansa+clip*&srch_btn_submit=%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0Search%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0&p_new_search=1

– SanDisk also has some general how-to videos for its players:  http://kb.sandisk.com/cgi-bin/sandisk_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1531&p_sid=tXhZ9gBj&p_lva=803

–  there may be some other SanDisk support info. in other corners of the SanDisk site.

Perhaps not what you wanted, but maybe of some help–

Thanks, every little bit helps.

Hi, is there a downloadable “how to use” manual

Regards

TK