Sansa clip+ two weeks old stopped mid song wont reset

My two week old sansa clip+ stopped working. Yesterday for the first time it quit mid song battery was fully charged the night before and had only been playing for four hours that day. Went home got on-line read about the reset option tried it , it came on but said “low battery” so I plugged it in all night . The next day turned it on all is good an hour later player shuts down mid-song now nothing I do will make it turn on. What can I do?

Oh boy, I hope this doesn’t happen to me! =S It shut off on me mid-song today because of low battery and I think I had charged it up the day before and I had it turned off for most of that time. Probably actually listened to music with it for a total of less than 3 hours.

I’d try a reset again after a bit, and see if that will work.  Also, leaving a player plugged into a power source for a few days sometimes can help, trickle-charging the player until you can start it up again.  Hopefully, one or the other will work for you–hope so.

If not, the player has a 1 (in the EU, 2) year warranty, which SanDisk is good about, replacing nonfunctional Clips.  I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this, if the above doesn’t work.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

Download the firmware and reinstall it. Occasionally the firmware in the player becomes corrupted. This exact problem. happened with my Fuze recently, and reloading the firmware solved the problem. After reloading the firmware, remember to reset the USB mode. Keep a copy of the firmware on your pc in case you need to reload it again in a few months. if this doesn’t solve the problem, then make sure you have copies of all the songs on your pc, then use the player’s menu to format it.