Sansa Clip+ temperature sensitive

I’m a proud owner of an 8GB black one. And I have a question: Is it normal that the player works better in low temp.?

The Sansa started freezing a while back. The music is playing, I want to change the volume and thats it. When I touch the button the music stops. Only thing able to do something is reset via 20s pressing of the power button.

Now that it’s winter (snow, temp. below 0C and so on) I started to notice something. The mp3 player has it’s problems when I use it at home. When I use it outside, in the cold, it functions almost normally. First I didn’t make anything of it. Just coincidence. But what the heck I’ll put it in the fridge and lets see. I couldn’t stop laughing when I took it out and it started working just fine. Rest of the family is a little concerned with my mental health when they see me putting my Sansa next to the cheese.

So I found a way to make the thing work but it’s a little inconvenient. Anyone has any advice how to correct it? I don’t want to send it back to the store as I bought it abroad and I can’t find the receipt.

A cooool player for cooool music! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like maybe your player has an overheating problem; probably a defective capacitor or something. If you’re in the States, you can call SanDisk Tech Support at 1-866-SANDISK (726-3475) and if they determine it is defective, they should replace it under warranty for you.

@esghald wrote:

But what the heck I’ll put it in the fridge and lets see. I couldn’t stop laughing when I took it out and it started working just fine. Rest of the family is a little concerned with my mental health when they see me putting my Sansa next to the cheese.

That gave me a good laugh.  You can let your family know that you’re not the first to put a sansa in the fridge/freezer.  A couple of other people have placed their sansa in the freezer after it got wet and they swear that freezing it got it to work again.  lol