Sansa Clip+ stays stuck on Sansa logo screen

Recently I’ve been having a problem where my sansa clip+ won’t turn on, so I tried charging it, but it wouldn’t turn on to let me know it was charging, so I held down the home and power buttons and now it won’t go past the Sansa logo screen to the music.

I left it to charge all night, hoping it would go past the Sansa logo screen, but it never did. Also it won’t turn on with the power button, only holding down the home and power buttons.

Do you have a card in the player? If so, remove it. Never add or remove a card when the player is on. 

Will the player start up properly without a card in it? Do you have copies of the songs on the player also on your pc? If so, you could try formatting the player using your pc(format it as FAT32), which deletes all the songs on the player. With no songs on the player, my guess is that it will start up normally. If so, it rules out a hardware problem. With the player on, format it again using the player’s menu(settings, system settings, format). Imo the problem is probably a problem with the tags on your songs. Are your songs in mp3 format? If so, the tags need to be in ID3V2.3 ISO8859-1 format. Use a tag editing program such as mp3Tag, or itunes to edit the tags on your songs. Also remove the embedded album art. After you have edited the tags on the songs on your pc, copy them to the player.

@nonipoduser22 wrote:

Recently I’ve been having a problem where my sansa clip+ won’t turn on, so I tried charging it, but it wouldn’t turn on to let me know it was charging, so I held down the home and power buttons and now it won’t go past the Sansa logo screen to the music.

I left it to charge all night, hoping it would go past the Sansa logo screen, but it never did. Also it won’t turn on with the power button, only holding down the home and power buttons.

This usually occurs when the firmware has somehow gotten corrupted. If you can connect to your computer (and it is seen), you can manually re-install the firmware found here. Don’t use the Updater.

I tried to format it, but it says Windows can’t format it. I tried Quick Format and unchecking quick format. Both ways Windows says it can’t format it. I can’t add the Firmware because it says Windows needs to format it. Is the player doomed? :cry:

I tried to format it again using my laptop instead of my desktop, I thought it was formatted, but then the files were still on the plaayer. I tried to put that firmware file in the root folder, but when I disconnected, it just frozed on the “connecting” screen, so I had to again hold down the home and power buttons to turn it off. I tried to turn it on, but it only turns on while holding down the home and power buttons and it’s still freezing on the sansa logo screen.

Did you unzip the firmware folder? 

And have you tried using a different cord?