Sansa Clip+ Replacement?

Again, personally, I have and see no issue in discussing technology generally as it applies to a whole group.  But yes, as to discussing a competitor’s product in and of itself and directing to where it may be purchased, within the confines of a sandbox that a company kindly has provided presumably principally for the discussion of its own products.  Again, my personal opinion.

1 Like

The OP wanted to know what to replace the Clip + with.  Since the Jam and Sport are, by all accounts, serious downgrades from the Clip+ , the answer to the question may be another brand–or, while they can be found, another Clip+.  Never had a Zip, so I can’t address whether that was an improvement, but those are disappearing too.

If there’s another little inexpensive unit comparable to the Clip+, I certainly would like to know about it. 

The FiiO M3 won’t take Rockbox and does have a file limit (for navigation by tags)  in the neighborhood of 3700-4000, while a Rockboxed Clip+ will take as many as the card can hold. 

The ABI thread gets interesting around this page: 

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75157&highlight=fiio&page=5

The only reason I put in a purchase link was because when I initially posted the FiiO  had only been announced, not made available. It’s also an easy place to see what it looks like and, eventually, to look at user reviews–so better than a link to the FiiO website that’s all hype. 

If a moderator wants to delete my posts, fine, but I don’t see any reason to withhold potentially useful information from people who come here looking for it. I get the feeling SanDisk can afford the bandwidth for a text forum. If they would just bring back the Fuze, all would be forgiven. 

And in my opinion, because this is a SanDisk forum supported by SanDisk (and this sub-forum the Sansa® Clip | Sansa® Clip+ sub-forum), not an agnostic forum such as anythingbutipod or head-fi.org to talk about anything under the sun, including all form of competing products.  And just like I wouldn’t go to the Sony DAP forum and spend any amount of time discussing Sony’s competitor’s products.  But maybe that’s just me.

Black-Rectangle wrote:

If there’s another little inexpensive unit comparable to the Clip+, I certainly would like to know about it.  

Absolutely, and that’s why I look at third-party sites such as anythingbutipod.com and head-fi.org for that, rather than at a competitor’s own run website . . . .     ;)     But we’ve now both provided our personal feelings on the topic.

1 Like

Head-fi.org is the place to discuss other brands of players and compare them to Sandisk players. I am also disappointed with Sandisk’s current player offerings. The last two players I bought were not made by Sandisk(no, I won’t mention here which they are). I do own the Sandisk Clip+, Clip Zip, and Clip Sport. The Clip+ and Clip Zip are Rockboxed. I owned two Fuzes, and used Rockbox on the Fuze. I also owned the original Clip. 

I gave away the Fuzes and the original Clip.