sansa clip plays music slower when plugged into pa system

I use a Fender Passport PA system with my sansa clip. The louder my PA plays, the slower the songs are.  I teach a Zumba class in a school gym, so needs to be loud. even the students notice it!!! This is my 2nd pa system, cuz I thought there was something wrong with the other one. So the culprit must be the Sansa Clip. How can I fix this, cuz I LOVE my sansa clip!!!  Please please please help!!!

Oh, and the music came from Windows Media Player!!!:wink:

You’re using the wrong tool for the job. Use a laptop with Windows Media Player for your Zumba class. Your Clip is only designed to power ‘milli-watt’ earbuds or phones, not gigantoid PA systems.

Save your Clip for your own personal workouts.

Understand :wink:  but then why would an ipod shuffle or other ipod work for other instructors? And some have the “normal” size Sandisk & it works for them? thanks for the information!! Much appreciated!

Different players, different capabilities and characteristics … What you could do is, get a pocket amp for your Clip and see if that helps/meets your needs. FiiO has some small, inexpensive ones–check them out at dealextreme.com and mp4nation.net, especially the FiiO E5 at under US$20 (including the shipping).http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.fiiohttp://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=fiio

do you think it’s the volume (which I have set at high on clip) is what’s making it play so slow through the pa system?

You’re the first person I’ve heard raise this issue …

What format of files are you playing? Some formats (like .ogg & .flac for instance) use more processing power to decode and play on the fly. Maybe this is becoming apparent when you also ‘crank up the volume’?

I use the normal format on Windows Media player. Some songs are ripped from a CD, some are bought on Amazon, and some are “free”.

@saloncuts wrote:

I use the normal format on Windows Media player. Some songs are ripped from a CD, some are bought on Amazon, and some are “free”.

And what is that? They could be WMA (DRM-encrypted or DRM-free) or MP3, depending on how you have it set up. Between the ripped CD’s, Amazon and free downloads are there any difference in the way they play? In other words, can you isolate which ones might be playing slower or do they all play slow?

And where did you get the “free” ones, from a legit site offering free sample downloads or from some file-stealing sharing site like Limewire?

It would be mp3.  No differences in how they play.They all  play the same. The free ones are the free sample downloads when you join.