Sansa clip not seen by computer

Hi! I bought my Sansa Clip earlier this summer and all has been great until now. Now I plug it into my computer and it will charge, but it wont read it on my computer. I have tried all three of my computers and they work with my sisters (she has the exact same one) but when I plug MINE in, they just power it on and thats it. It used to pop up with a thing asking what you wanted to do and the screen on the clip had a pic of 2 computers and said “connected” on the top. HELP! I’m going through Bon Jovi withdrawl…

“Naahhh, Naahhh!” The 3 computers just like your sister better! :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you using the same cable when trying to connect yours vs. your sister’s (the one that works)? What USB mode are you trying to connect in, MTP or MSC? Which mode is your sister’s in? Are both players the same version (hardware-wise) and are both running the same frimware version?

This should be able to be figured out so you can get your BJ fix. :wink:

“Naahhh, Naahhh!” The 3 computers just like your sister better! :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you using the same cable when trying to connect yours vs. your sister’s (the one that works)? What USB mode are you trying to connect in, MTP or MSC? Which mode is your sister’s in? Are both players the same version (hardware-wise) and are both running the same firmware version?

This should be able to be figured out so you can get your BJ fix. :wink:

Well, I have 2 or 3 different cables that fit. One each for mine and my sisters and one that goes to my dads Creative Zen Micro (I know this one works because before mine decided to be difficult, I used it all the time)

"we’re using standred 2.0 usb. WE  have restarted the computer and still don’t see it, I can plug the Creative labs in and it sees it fine.  The firmware has not been updated, still orginal. Its not being seen on either the XP box, or the Vista Laptop. Which leads me to think that the problem is in the player not either machine.  I suspect that it needs to be reset somehow, like the progam on it is hung up, and needs a reboot. " 

- my dad.

Cause I ahve no clue what I am talking about.

Well, if your dad is still running on his original firmware, he should be OK.  As for the Clip, this wee beastie is a little easier to troubleshoot.

Turn on the troublesome lil’ monsta, and go to Settings > Info.  If the firmware version is earlier than 01.01.30, you can install the new firmware by following the directions in the Revision 1.0 thread.

Go to Settings > USB Mode and see if the mode is set differently than the two happy Sansas.  My gut feeling is that this is your issue.  If you don’t have a USB mode settings option, your Sansa has the earliest firmware, which didn’t have this option yet.  Time to upgrade!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: