sansa clip has split screen display

help! my sansa clip 8gb displays a split screen of the song playing and a song that have been played. i’ve updated the firmware and tried holding to on switch for 20 seconds. please somebody can u help me?

@tendabrenda wrote:
help! my sansa clip 8gb displays a split screen of the song playing and a song that have been played. i’ve updated the firmware and tried holding to on switch for 20 seconds. please somebody can u help me?

Is it still making music? Or is it quiet? Also what file type are you using?

You may want to reformat under the Clip’s Settings.

@miikerman wrote:
You may want to reformat under the Clip’s Settings.

My thinking is that sometimes on my Fuze since I have been using OGG format, when I have tried to play songs with certain encoders, it freezes just right so you see both the outgoing and incomming track. This may have happened on the clip.

its still playing play and i’ve tried to reformat. maybe im doing it wrong. i cant see the setting because the screen is split. i dont know what type of files im using. sorry. please tell me how to find out. thank u.

Sounds like a case for the soft reset : slide the power switch to the ON position for 15 seconds, release, and try powering up as usual.

µsansa