Sansa Clip GoList Limited to 50! WHY? I WANT MORE !

hey guys

why is the sansa clip limited to 50 songs on the GoList option?

I have this version: V01.01.18F

IS there any update that make it for more than only 50 sons? cause this is lame =[

Been discussed ‘at length’ numerous times before. Please do a search on the subject before starting yet another rant.

But to answer your question, it’s a RAM limitation (for all Sansa players, not just the Clip) and NO, you can’t change it.

I think this is being addressed in the upcoming FW.  There’s supposed to be some significant enhancements to the GoList funcitonality.

If 50 songs isn’t enough for your playlist, couldn’t you just turn off the “shuffle” option? :stuck_out_tongue:

@skinjob wrote:
I think this is being addressed in the upcoming FW.  There’s supposed to be some significant enhancements to the GoList funcitonality.

I thought I read where Sansafix said they were increasing the GoList limit to 100 songs, but I couldn’t find it at the time when I was responding before.

But the OP should still read and/or search before whining & crying about something they don’t like. :angry:

“WHY? I WANT MORE !”

If you aren’t/can’t be part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. And holding your breath until you turn blue, or stomping your feet because you don’t always get your way ain’t part of the solution either! This might have worked with your mother when you were sittting in the grocery cart on the cereal aisle, but grown-ups don’t appreciate or respect infantile behavior. :wink:

I guess it’s also worth mentioning the playlist functionality if the Golist isn’t big enough.  Adding 50 songs to the GoList manually on the player seems like a lot of work.  Maybe the OP should consider creating playlists on the computer?  M3U playlists are unlimited and even PLA is up to 1000 songs now (I think).

This my sound stupid to some but what is a golist??  I hit play all and have it in shuffle mode.  Is it only using 50 songs that I have on the unit or is playing all of them?

@daymx5 wrote:
This my sound stupid to some but what is a golist??  I hit play all and have it in shuffle mode.  Is it only using 50 songs that I have on the unit or is playing all of them?

It’s for people who have to decide beforehand what songs they’re going to hear…a “playlist”. I almost always do the “shuffle” like you do, or shuffle an individual artist, genre,  or else go to an individual album.