Sansa Clip + Frozen

Help please.

After charging my Clip displays Disconnected and full battery but is frozen. I can’t turn it off or operate any of  the buttons. Could someone please advise on a remedy.

Press and hold the power button. Ususally 20-30 secs. is adequate to turn it off and reset it at the same time, but it has been known to take longer in stubborn cases. If it turns off before 20 secs. keep holding the power button down for the full count. Release the button, then press it again momentarily to turn it on. It should start up normally.

Hi Tapeworm

Many thanks for your help and suggestion. However over night the good fairies came and my Sansa Clip came back to life and is working normally again!

Enrie

Gotta love them fairies!

:smiley:

Tapeworm

I love this one, such a lovely dish!

Enrie

I tried to reset based on posted suggestions and it does not work. It is stuck on the connected screen.

@qyet wrote:

I tried to reset based on posted suggestions and it does not work. It is stuck on the connected screen.

Hold the power button longer. As I said, it sometimes takes longer, sometimes up to a minute or more. Remember, you must do this with the player not connected to your computer.

If it is truly stuck and stubborn, the only thing you can do is wait for the battery to run out and turn off by itself. Hopefully, it will reset itself in that progress, or at least allow you to reset it after re-connecting it to your computer to re-charge.

Thanks, just saved mine too, complication: the screen was off when it froze during playback, so had no idea it had switched off, but kept it for about a minute and it switched off, playing music now…